Think I might selll my Gs400

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-02, 11:10 AM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default naw....

Manaray is our resident wheel man. He knows what's up, you guys need to calm down
Old 01-18-02, 02:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

zxlr8 - First off, I never say things are bad because I don't LIKE them. I don't like the Veilside kit for the current generation GS but have you ever heard me saying anything bad about the quality. I don't like a lot of wheels that Work, Rays, or even HRE make. There are a lot of things I don't like DESIGN WISE but I can respect the quality.

I've seen Binnos up close and like I said, they're in the same quality range as most knock-off wheels...just plan cast, nothing special wheels. I don't like the Binnos (that particular model) because it's a knock-off and it has fake bolts..not because I think they're going to fall apart on a speed bump.

I called the seller on ebay a jackáss because of the statement that I posted previously. The seller OBVIOUSLY doesn't know JACK about wheels if they're comparing a hot-cast, 1-piece wheel to a 3-piece FORGED HRE wheel. There is NO comparison.

As for the jackáss comment, I didn't know YOU were the seller. But hey, if I was eBay trying to sell a Tag-Heuer watch and saying that the quality is as good as a Patek, IWC, or Breguet, I would call MYSELF a jackáss and I would say that I don't know JACK about watches...no need to take it personal.

Just so YOU know, even the cheapest wheel can have a PERFECT finish if it's chrome dipped. That's how you can cover up minor manufacturing imperfections and rough finishes..as for the price, $600/ea retail (BTW, they're $550/ea retail), what does that prove? Giovanna's sell for even more than that, do you think they're better than Binnos? (Just FYI, they're not...) Hell, some Giovannas sell for more than HRE's, but I doubt you'll find anyone, who KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT WHEELS, to say that Giovannas are made better than HRE's.

And the Binno's are not knock-offs "just because it has 5 spokes". Take a good look at the Mak wheel below...hmmm, look familiar?

CSHFLW - Yeah, you must be right since you're Mr. Self-Proclaimed-Wheel-Expert. I guess I don't know *****... Hehehe...well, at least I CAN SPELL...I guess I'm just not a baller like you...

Francis, thanks for watching my back...
Attached Thumbnails Think I might selll my Gs400-energy.jpg  
Old 01-18-02, 02:55 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manaray

CSHFLW is a baller.. he rolls on Giovanna Barletta's.
Can you say bling bling lol

What would you compare my casio watch to? A rolex?
Old 01-18-02, 08:10 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

You guys crack me up. Every time Manaray says something about wheels you whine and cry because you're offended. How did you guys get through life??? I want to know where I can go and not get any criticism my entire life until I come to CL. Please tell me!!! I want my baby daughter to grow up not hearing a harsh word so when she gets into the REAL WORLD she can be crushed by someone elses opinion.

NO ONE on this board knows more about wheels than Manaray (sorry Globe, gs4will), especially the self proclaimed wheel experts. Maybe you guys should be a little more appreciative of all the information he has passed on to all of us. I don't see any of the people whining helping anyone else. You guys are too busy trying to be "ballers". Maybe you should spend more time learning and less time complaining.

I've had enough of this bull*****.
Old 01-18-02, 12:13 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Once agian....I never insult people and their cars/mods...I don't always agree with them...but I don't put them down...this is a "family" right??

Manaray....just say it... "I am a hater...thats just who I am!" "If you got something, I can find ways to talk **** about it!"

Your not a positive resource on this board...I don't care if some people who don't know anything about wheels are impressed by your www.superbuytires.com knowledge.......but it's weak

and BTW....IWC's SUCK!!!!!!
Old 01-18-02, 02:30 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

CSHFLW,

That's the best thing about reading your posts. I don't even have to say bad things about you.

JaxFL,

I don't even own a TAG but from some of the previous posts concerning watches a TAG really isn't the "creme de la creme" compared to some other brands. I don't have the links handy but I'm sure someone knowledgable can post them. The point is that to someone that isn't a true enthusiast, a TAG is a really nice watch but to a connoiseur of fine timepieces a TAG isn't that great. It's the same with wheels. 20 inch chrome ANYTHINGS will impress 99% of the population but to someone that really knows wheels 20 inch chrome bull***** just doesn't cut it.

For the record, I don't even own aftermarket wheels but I'll be damned if I get some low quality, heavy, un-original design just because I MUST have 20's or chrome. I'm taking my time to find something I really like and something I know is a quality wheel. I personally didn't know **** about wheels until I came to CL and I'm happy to learn something new every day. As I implied in my previous post, people should listen and learn instead of opening their BIG mouths saying nothing important.
Old 01-18-02, 03:17 PM
zxlr8
Pole Position

I never take the internet seriously and for those that do I am sorry. I just would like to say that Manaray seems to have a problem with taking friendly advice. He has been called out before for his actions and he hasn't changed so it doesn't matter. He seems to like to cut everybody else-but then he won't even tell you what he has-is that because you are rolling stock wheels with no job? j/k I know you have the best of everything which is point isn't it. You are better then me and most of the members. Good for you!!! Does it really matter in the end? Have a nice night....

Last edited by zxlr8; 01-18-02 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-19-02, 12:56 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default This will be a long post because I'm combining a few replies...

JaxFL - Hey Kevin, like Zushwa said, TAG, while decent watches, are NOT the "creme de la creme". Enthusiast don't like TAGs for many reasons. For one, they're BIG in Quartz. Most enthusiasts prefer Mechanical. TAG BOUGHT Heuer and sold all the manufacturing resources and now just has a outside company manufacture their watches. This manufacturer makes watches for other vendors like Izod, Fila, etc. Enthusiasts feel that watches should be made INHOUSE...and some Purist eve think that only a "in-house" movement is the way to go. Basically, TAG Heuer is sell just NAME with no "substance". Many people feel somewhat the same way about Rolex but at LEAST they manufacture their own movements and most of their movements are in-house

(Rolex does make good watches, but they're nothing special...they're just very popular due to EXCELLENT marketing...several years ago, you couldn't sell a Daytona at dealer cost...now, you can hardly find one at nearly DOUBLE retail cost...what changed? The manufacturing quality? No. The Design? Not really. The Marketing? Bingo!)

Real enthusiasts usually want a watch manufacture who makes complicated movements (beyond a simple Chronograph). That is respect...companies like Patek, Vacheron Constantin, IWC, Breguet, Omega, Bvlgari, etc., etc. all do that. Some of these watches takes months or even up to year to build hand by ONE dedicated watchmaker. It's craftsmanship. Some people get it, some people don't.

Of course, to a guy who thinks a Seiko is good enough ("it's just to tell time"), all this isn't that important. But to an ENTHUSIAST, these kind of things matter. I don't rip on average Joe who like Seikos. I could care less. If they like Seikos, more power to them...but when someone states that they're a "expert" and then throws out a Seiko as their watch, I can't help but laugh at them. Same thing with eBay sellers selling Seikos claiming they're as good as IWC or Vacheron...

Resale value of TAGs are HORRIBLE. I see $1400 TAGs selling for $200-$400...

Now coming back to wheels, when CSHFLW stated that he was a "expert" and then threw out Giovanna, I couldn't help but laugh. If he took it personally, oh well. I don't walk around calling myself a "wheel expert" while driving around on some G-Racing wheels. I don't call myself a "watch expert" and wear a fake Rolex. I'm not what I would consider an "expert"...but I know what I know. I'm the type of person who likes to really research my hobbies. With aftermarket car stuff, I've been into the import industry for many years now and I've owned serveral fixed up car and many of friends work in the industry or are "players" in the industry.

CSHFLW - You're right, I am a hater. I hate lame people. I hate fakers. I hate posuers. I hate wannabes. I hate ricers. I hate clueless people...but what I really hate is seeing UNIFORMED people DO the "wrong" thing...I don't hate the person, I just hate to see them make what I consider a bad decision. I don't mind sharing what I know with them. What they do with that information and whether or not they think it's worth a damn, is up to them.

Also I don't talk ***** about something just to talk *****. If I talk ***** about something, there's a reason behind it....oh, would you mind point us to some posts where you were of ANY help? And if you're the "wheel expert", why don't you post some replys to people who ask questions about offset, build, brands, etc.? Just admit it, you don't like me because I ripped on your Giovannas...don't make other ***** up...

zxlr8 - actually, in SOME cases, I think the internet can be taken seriously. For example, both CSHFLW and I can post what we feel which we might not do in person (though not really in my case...I'm a pretty direct guy...). Sometimes, that makes is MORE real.

As for being "called out" for my actions, I guess it has to do with your level of sensitivity. Some people take criticism well, some don't. Some people take criticism of a product they own in a personal way. I don't think I'm "better" than other members. There are MANY members that are better than me in many different ways....anyways, like a wise former pro basketball said ( ), "Club Lexus shouldn't be one big love-fest".

zxlr8, I have nothing against you. I just don't like Binnos. I think they're crap knock-offs. They don't compare in quality to HRE's. They're not comparable to Lowenharts. It's really that simple.

Sure, they don't make wheels that explode when you hit a pot hole, but that's not my only criterion for what makes a "good wheel".

I have no problem listing what I have. I have been waiting until I got everything done on the car (almost there)...but since you asked, here's what I have (minus the body kit information)...if you don't believe I have all this, you can ask people who have actually seen my car...MKilty, Steve Ganz, and DevilDog...
Old 01-19-02, 07:55 AM
Francis K
Racer

Default hmm.....

well I'll keep my Movados
Old 01-19-02, 08:28 AM
genius1512
Driver

Well guys I just wanted to but in a second and try to help everyone to calm down a little. Come on guys get along it's not the end of the world if people disagree. Who really cares what one or two people say about them. I don't, I just turned 18 a few months ago and I sport a $10k Rolex and bought my first car as a GS300 and put giovanna chromes on. Anyone and everyone can bash them but I think I do well for myself so who cares. No there not lowenharts but they make me smile and alot of older people jealous so what does it matter. You guys are all knowledgable people who have helped me out alot with ideas and things for my car. So utilize eachothers knowledge and help out but argue some place else.
Old 01-19-02, 09:33 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray....

Look the problem is everytime you post you are saying something negitive, thats the only problem I have....I don't care if you don't like the giovannas....People love them or hate them......and quit saying I'm a wheel expert...I know about wheels...I in no way know everything, and never claimed that....but I too have been in the aftermarket world for many years and have many many many cars fixed up, some featured in magizines.

I don't need to go over why I bought my wheels....but I think they give a different look then Lowenhart and HRE which I thought at the time I didn't want....Once again people the GS is not a race car and barely a sports sedan.

And alot of my posts are pics of mods or of things that members want to look out....reading posts with no pictures gets boring....I think it's insulting that you say my posts are worthless....I have never gained anything from your posts other then to get made at the **** you say to everyone.....and then your lame defense "oh it's just my opinion"
Old 01-19-02, 02:40 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Genius, I agree that it's not the end of the world if people disagree...

CSHFLW - Check your PM
Old 01-19-02, 04:44 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

I am glad you guys made up, Manaray and CSHFLw are both great fellows and very helpful,
Old 01-19-02, 10:37 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CSHFLW
[B]I like to think off myself as a wheel expert .....

I guess some of us have better memories than others.
Old 01-21-02, 02:56 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Erfan...we haven't made up...

Zushwa - Good memory!

Quick Reply: Think I might selll my Gs400