WTT retro's for stock HID

Old 06-26-07, 08:29 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTT retro's for stock HID

Like title states, I want to trade my retro'd rx330 projector headlamps with d2s bulbs (4300k) for stock HID headlamps and bulbs.

I bought these from OLDDOG here on the forums, they were black housed headlamps and I didn't like the look so I took them apart, pulled out the retro'd bowls and put these in my stock headlights. What I didn't know (and wasn't told) was that they aren't perfectly aligned. They are a little crooked, not bad, but I don't have pictures of the cut offs yet to show you. You can still drive with these fine, they don't blind anybody, and still put out good light.

I'd rather have stock HID headlamps, and do another retro later.

Pictures:

SO...here's the deal.

Stock HID headlamps + bulbs = Straight trade for retro'd plus 4300k phillips bulbs. I pay my shipping, you pay yours.

Stock Halogen headlamps+ $500 for my retro'd headlamps and HID kit (xenon depot, bought here on the forums) The cost of the HID kit and projectors run about that much. That's also including shipping (from me to you), and paypal.

This is now the only set of headlights I have, so I'd need some before I can ship out to you.

If you are local enough and want to meet up to trade, that's fine with me, but be prepared to take off your own headlights and bumper, I'll not be liable for damages to your car. I messed up the driver side of my bumper a little bit messing with that stupid nut on the fender. I want to smack the designer of the car for putting that nut there! Anyways, that's the trade.

Payment: Cash, trade, paypal.

EDIT

NEW deal.

For the low price of $400.00, I will pull out the projectors bowls, and put in my stock halogen reflector bowls, and ship you the Projectors in the bowls and the HID kit.

I purchased headlights that needed way more work than mine, I took the my headlights apart, and put in these projectors. Those headlights were purchased for $310 shipped. You can ask OLDDOG.

I purchased the HID kit of Xenondepot, brand new, for $359 plus shipping. The bulbs are oem phillips 4300k (D2S) and they don't even have 100 hours on them, they are probably still needing to color shift a bit.

I'm giving you the prices I purchased them for, and just showing you that I'm already losing almost $300 off this sale of projectors/bowls and the HID kit.

If you want just the projectors in the bowls, it will be $150 shipped.

If you want just the HID kit, it'll be $250 shipped.

Last edited by Caoboy; 07-03-07 at 06:36 PM. Reason: new prices, under the edit.
Old 06-27-07, 07:39 AM
olddog
Pole Position

ok bro,
i don't really have to post this but i guess i can use it as a bump for you anyways. when you stress the point that i didn't tell you they were not perfectly aligned, i don't know whether you are saying i was dubious or made a honest mistake.
anyways the alignment looked straight to me and if anything it was put together with silicone. so you can just peel it off, straighten it and silicone it back. i clearly explained how the headlights were before anything.plus the headlights were not sealed back so you could make any adjustments you deemed necessary.
i have assisted a few people here (locals)with their retros for free cos it is an interesting thing to do and would not go try to decieve anybody.
so except if i misinterpreted your post, then i guess all is well.
good luck.
Old 06-27-07, 09:04 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Nah, I wasn't trying to take a crack at you dude. I wasn't sure who aligned them, I knew you bought them off someone else also. Like I said, it's not bad, it's just not perfect, and I don't want to take these apart again to re-align it.
Old 06-27-07, 10:28 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

OBO? anybody want retro'd headlights?
Old 06-27-07, 11:28 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somewhat interested, but would like to see better pics of the actual misalignment and more importanly, pictures of the light cut-off.
Old 06-27-07, 12:06 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

pictures of the cutoff will show the 'misalignment'. it's not much.
Old 06-27-07, 06:46 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Nah, I wasn't trying to take a crack at you dude. I wasn't sure who aligned them, I knew you bought them off someone else also. Like I said, it's not bad, it's just not perfect, and I don't want to take these apart again to re-align it.
cool man,
wasn't trying to start anything either.
good luck with sale and let me know what you have in mind for your next retro.
i might be able to help out .
olddog
Old 06-27-07, 06:47 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

i want stock. i'm willin to just go back to halogen if the price is right lol
Old 06-28-07, 10:18 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I've added pictures of the cutoff and the projectors ON, showing that no light leaks out of the sides. It's a little dirty, I haven't had time to wash the car yet.
Old 06-28-07, 12:47 PM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I've added pictures of the cutoff and the projectors ON, showing that no light leaks out of the sides. It's a little dirty, I haven't had time to wash the car yet.
not bad. . . where in cali are you located? ? ? i'm in moreno valley and would like to see the headlights in person and how it lights up the road, if you don't mind? ? ? also, will the leveler still work with this set-up? ? ? let me know. . .
Old 06-28-07, 02:18 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm.... I'm up in Tracy on the weekends.

I have stock HIDs with 6000K bulbs. More pics please. I'm seriously considering this.

P.S. What is causing the little light above the cutoffs?

Last edited by sleeper408; 06-28-07 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-28-07, 04:30 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I believe that's the 'squirrel finders'. It's a tab that can be pushed closed, it lights up the upper trees a bit, you can research it more on HIDplanet.com.

I PM'd you sleeper, but if you are up in tracy on the weekends, i could meet up with you next weekend.
Old 06-29-07, 12:15 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

returned PM...
Old 06-30-07, 11:48 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

no one is interested?
Old 07-02-07, 09:27 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

PM's replied. I can do 400 shipped, plus your stock headlights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTT retro's for stock HID