FS: Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 09:16 AM
TXGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any reasonable offers will be considered.
Old 04-25-07, 01:27 PM
TXGS
Driver

Default Price Reduction

Bump

price Reduced To $3,500:d
Old 04-25-07, 01:57 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

OMG... if it was a straight bolt on to a gs400 i would be all over it.
Old 04-26-07, 06:15 PM
boosted-gs
Pole Position

you would probably only need to mod the bracket which wouldnèt be to hard...i bet you could call LMS and ask if they have one lying around or even turboeast...if your really interested you should check with them
Old 04-26-07, 06:46 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Won't this SC kit fit on the SC; and did you ever get the slippage issue resolved?
Old 04-26-07, 06:51 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why only 5psi?
Old 04-27-07, 05:14 AM
boosted-gs
Pole Position

he only had 5psi due to the pulley size and the way the bracket was made they could only fit a #5 pulley on. but you could mod the bracket to fit another size gaining more psi
Old 04-27-07, 07:24 AM
TXGS
Driver

I beleive this kit was originally designed for the SC430. We went 5psi to be conservative. The belt slippage was taken care of by using a smaller belt. However, I did not get a chance to dyno after installing the smaller belt. But it did take care of the slippage problem.
Old 04-27-07, 08:22 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexizm
Won't this SC kit fit on the SC; and did you ever get the slippage issue resolved?
This is the same kit that is used on the SC430 except on the GS kit has a different air intake. The SC430 the air filter passes thru headlight /radiator opening.

Originally Posted by ShaneC
I think it is not 100% positive. I think the front of the GS400 engine is the same as the 430. The supercharger bracket attaches tothe fornt of the engine in 4 places.

TXGS if you know of someone with a GS400 you can stick the bracket in front of the engine and see of hte bolt locations line up to the same bolts on the GS400. If they do I don't see why it would not work.

You might post the charger in the SC430 section also. Sorry to see that your giving up on FI.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 04-30-07 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-27-07, 08:27 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexizm
Originally Posted by ShaneC
Originally Posted by TXGS
I beleive this kit was originally designed for the SC430. We went 5psi to be conservative. The belt slippage was taken care of by using a smaller belt. However, I did not get a chance to dyno after installing the smaller belt. But it did take care of the slippage problem.
What pulleys come w/ it?
Old 04-28-07, 06:19 AM
TXGS
Driver

I think the stock pulley was 3.10. It currently has a 2.10 pulley which is the smallest pulley available providing the highest boost. When JPI was doing a dyno run he used some sort of belt goo to prevent slipping. He was getting around 7-8 PSI and just under 400 rwhp.

To reiterate the issue about the bracket. The original bracket did not fit perfectly. JPI modified the bracket so it would fit better. As it turns out the pulley on the bottom of the bracket is not needed. That could be removed along with the metal piece of the bracket where the pulley was attached. Otherwise, this kit will bolt on to a GS430 with no modification whatsoever. Hope this helps clear up some mystery.
Old 04-29-07, 03:06 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

I was asking are you including one pulley w/ the kit or several?
The point I was trying to make was that if the bracket will fit on a GS430 w/o any moification It should fit the same on the GS400 if the mounting screws are located the same on the 400 engine( the 2 on top of the tensioner pulley ,one below it, the one on the cam cover.

See pic.does that look like what you were refering to? leg on the bracket and lower pulley not needed.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 04-30-07 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-29-07, 05:26 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lower part of the bracket is not needed. It's actually touch the alternator pulley, so we cut it off. It will fit the GS400 with some modication to the bracket.
JPI
Old 04-29-07, 04:54 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JPI
The lower part of the bracket is not needed. It's actually touch the alternator pulley, so we cut it off. It will fit the GS400 with some modication to the bracket.
JPI
can you give me a idea how much modding has to be done for i got some email pics of it but my fabricator is trying to figure out whats needed or not needed anyway you could hold this up to the front of a 400 block so we can see exactly whats req seeing you did the install and he's in texas as well and its off his car
Old 04-29-07, 06:00 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
can you give me a idea how much modding has to be done for i got some email pics of it but my fabricator is trying to figure out whats needed or not needed anyway you could hold this up to the front of a 400 block so we can see exactly whats req seeing you did the install and he's in texas as well and its off his car
Chris lives in Houston and we are in dallas. It's a 4 hrs drive. A good fabricator could figure it out in a short period of time.
JPI

Quick Reply: FS: Supercharger Kit