FS: Complete Eibach/Bilstein combo - $450

Old 12-20-06, 10:12 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS: Complete Eibach/Bilstein combo - $450

Purchased on here months ago but never installed. They have 10k miles from the original owner, I paid to have a shop tear down my stock shocks and rebuild these to make a complete setup with my factory hardware and everything.

Bump stops are cut and these are ready to be swapped into your suspension setup just like a coilover system.

$450 - pick up local only. Too heavy to ship.

Thanks.

Clifford
Old 12-21-06, 09:50 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Cllifford. You change your suspension more often than I jack up my car. Just curious, the set up you're selling has the Bilstein sport shocks and not the HD, right? Have you ever driven a car that has either?

e
Old 12-21-06, 10:42 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Hmm - ya know what, it didn't even occur to me which shocks these were. I had totally forgotten that there were HD and Sport shocks. I think I had a set of HD shocks before and these are the sport ones. I haven't ever had this setup on the car. I bought the teins and thought - "meh, these don't ride THAAAAAT great." So I picked these up but I started coming around on the Teins and they feel nice now.

The HD ones were great but the bump stops were not cut so it rode harsh when I hit moderate bumps. Other than that though - it was awesome.

I've read some other reviews on here about the sport shocks... in fact, this thread is a review from someone with the exact setup.

I thought about throwing these back on the ride and selling the Tein CS v1 but it would cost me the labor and I already bought the EDFC...

Eric - you should make it out here sometime.

c.
Old 12-21-06, 12:31 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
Hmm - ya know what, it didn't even occur to me which shocks these were. I had totally forgotten that there were HD and Sport shocks. I think I had a set of HD shocks before and these are the sport ones. I haven't ever had this setup on the car. I bought the teins and thought - "meh, these don't ride THAAAAAT great." So I picked these up but I started coming around on the Teins and they feel nice now.

The HD ones were great but the bump stops were not cut so it rode harsh when I hit moderate bumps. Other than that though - it was awesome.

I've read some other reviews on here about the sport shocks... in fact, this thread is a review from someone with the exact setup.

I thought about throwing these back on the ride and selling the Tein CS v1 but it would cost me the labor and I already bought the EDFC...

Eric - you should make it out here sometime.

c.
Interesting. I thought the HDs were specifically designed to work with the stock springs, in which case you wouldn't have to cut the bump stops (unless you were using the HDs with lowering springs, in which case you would need to cut the bump stops).

The Bilstein sport would probably be too firm for my liking, but I'm thinking the HD might be the perfect compromise for someone who doesn't want to lower the car but is looking for a more controlled, sporty ride with less float on the highway.

If and when I do ever make it out there, you, me and csq860 need to meet up and throw a few back. Oh, and while we're at it, maybe you could show me the right way to jack up the GS.

e
Old 12-22-06, 09:52 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if no one local picks them up, please post up if you decide to ship
Old 12-23-06, 08:48 PM
Ripper
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the L-sportline combo correct? I bought one of the last sets from cars last year and I'm very satisified.

Car rides firm, not stiff. On stock 17's, she still is smooth as butter, just no more float. Only notice the difference on big potholes and the like.
Old 01-18-07, 10:07 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

not too sure if this is the same as the l-sportline combo. sorry.

bump ttt. locals anyone? if they're still here for the sin city meet - i can meet the buyer up in vegas.
Old 01-29-07, 08:01 AM
dchen2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roughly how much will they be to install? Just for installing springs according to some shops I called its 4-5 hours labor so ~$400. Hopefully not too much more for both shocks/springs.

I originally was looking to just install a set of l-tuned springs on my car but for a bit more, a whole new suspension would be even better!
Old 01-29-07, 08:32 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

installing just springs is more labor since you have to dismantle everything to take out the old springs and then reassemble it back together with the new springs. that is already what I paid to do. I had them disassemble my old suspension and had them swap over the mounting brackets to this set of eibach springs and bilstein shocks.

my local installer would probably charge me $180-$200 to just swap out the entire suspension pieces. yours my charge a little differently... just ask the shop what it would cost to simply swap out the entire suspension on each corner.