FS: Tein Flex w/ New Parts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-06, 01:31 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FS: Tein Flex w/ New Parts!

I have a set of Tein Flex for sale. This set has been sitting in my garage for about 8-9 months now. I was trying to source these new dust boots and bump stops...which by the way are near impossible to find. I had to call up about 20 different shops until I found one that could supply the parts. I've replaced the bump stops, and the dust boot has been upgraded to the "new version". It's a rubber boot instead of plastic so this will never have the dreaded scratching/squeaking/grinding sound of the older plastic version.

This was my first set of Flex coilovers. I bought a second set because I was trying to figure out what the popping noise I kept having was coming from. I sent the coilovers into Tein to have them inspected (which by the way not cheap). Turns out one of the upper washers was installed upside down!! After they told me, I couldn't believe I bought a second set of Tein flex because a freaking washer was installed backwards!!

Anyways, all the parts that will cause you problems in the future(squeaking) have been replaced with new versions of those parts. The knocking problem has been fixed as well. Sorry for such a long post, but I just wanted to tell you the story of how much trouble I had to go through to get this set perfect again for resale unlike the previous seller I bought from.

I originally bought these coilovers from someone else about a year ago. He had about 14-15k miles on them. I drove for about a month on these 1500miles or so and then swapped it out for another set of Flex. These coilovers are still in great shape.

UPDATED Price $800 Shipped, $750 picked up.
Keep in mind the cost of Tein inspection, and new parts.

Local buyers get first priority because I really don't feel like shipping the box....its big and heavy

The new version parts.

Everything reinstalled and ready to go. Height adjustment wrenches included.
I have the coilovers screwed in as compact as possible to keep the size of the box down if I need to ship it...just in case you're wondering why all the rings are so close together.

Close up of the new parts.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 11-19-06 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-08-06, 08:19 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im tempted jeff...
Old 11-09-06, 11:40 AM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffTsai

but I just wanted to tell you the story of how much trouble I had to go through to get this set perfect again for resale unlike the previous seller I bought from.

Jeff,
I insisted that you come drive in my car while they were installed - which you did. I also informed you of the "bumper/knocking" coming from one of the coilovers which you assumed would be fixable.

I bought them used also. Which I also informed you.
I don't appreciate you insinuating that I misled you in any way
Old 11-09-06, 02:30 PM
ssaat
Driver School Candidate

im also in the dfw area but i just wanted to make sure... so you say the knocking problem has been fixed right?! Also, how do the flex feel as compared to stock ride? i had coilvers on my previous car and i could feel every single thing on the road. I want the drop but dont want to sacrifice my ride too much

Last edited by ssaat; 11-09-06 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-09-06, 05:34 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssaat
im also in the dfw area but i just wanted to make sure... so you say the knocking problem has been fixed right?! Also, how do the flex feel as compared to stock ride? i had coilvers on my previous car and i could feel every single thing on the road. I want the drop but dont want to sacrifice my ride too much
Since you're new, i have a priceless gift for you, and happy reading:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113963
Old 11-09-06, 08:05 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by runyun
Jeff,
I insisted that you come drive in my car while they were installed - which you did. I also informed you of the "bumper/knocking" coming from one of the coilovers which you assumed would be fixable.

I bought them used also. Which I also informed you.
I don't appreciate you insinuating that I misled you in any way
Sorry I worded it badly. I meant to say I fixed the coilovers and there are no problems "now" VS. the condition I got them from the previous seller when there was still the knocking sound.
Old 11-10-06, 05:11 PM
ssaat
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for kindly guiding me in the correct direction and not making a big deal of it like alot of other ppl on different forums. that was very helpful. again thank u
Old 11-11-06, 11:25 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

So, nobody wants these? The price might be a little higher than other people here selling a used set. Keep in mind that the boots and bump stops have been replaced and upgraded to the new versions. It will not have the squeal/squeak problems of the older style boots. That alone is $75 in parts and labor is extra on top.

I'm trying to finish my turbo project so some free'd up funds would be nice
Anyways, bump!

Originally Posted by ssaat
Since you're in the DFW area, we can meet up and I'll let you drive my car around for a bit if you want. That way you can decide if the Flex is for you or not.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 11-11-06 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-13-06, 05:09 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Oh come on guys. I know someone wants these!
Hm, maybe I have to sweeten the deal a bit? How does $900 shipped/$850 picked up sound? I really really need some extra money to finish up my turbo setup!
Old 11-13-06, 01:52 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tempting tempting...
Old 11-14-06, 11:34 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Anyone, anyone?

-Bump-
Old 11-16-06, 12:56 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

So pretty...they look so nice that I would buy a set and hang it on the wall of my office LOL!
Old 11-19-06, 03:40 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Ok guys, last price offer. $750 local pick up and $800 shipped. This offer will be open for 2 days. I'm putting these babies on ebay after that. I think this price is more than reasonable for a re-inspected set with new version parts. I really need the money to finish my turbo!

Thanks
-Jeff-
Old 11-19-06, 04:42 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Ok guys, last price offer. $750 local pick up and $800 shipped. This offer will be open for 2 days. I'm putting these babies on ebay after that. I think this price is more than reasonable for a re-inspected set with new version parts. I really need the money to finish my turbo!

Thanks
-Jeff-
Jeff, I may be interested. Would you help me install them?
Old 11-19-06, 05:17 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Jeff, I may be interested. Would you help me install them?
Yeah, no problem.

Quick Reply: FS: Tein Flex w/ New Parts!