wtb supercharger please

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-06, 06:47 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
I find the cycle pretty ammusing.

- Someone wants FI but no seller to be found.
- Someone wants to sell FI but no buyer to be found.

If we can get the timing of these two events to synch up, there would be much less frustrations and aggravations.

Good luck Ed.

thanks chris

i am hoping dave or alfredo or even ivan will sell me theres
Old 08-24-06, 06:54 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I know how to break the cycle...

A turbo kit for $7K for the GS400/430
Used Supercharger kits for $2K

Old 08-24-06, 09:09 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Ed. No backing out this time.
Old 08-25-06, 06:37 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Ed, I know its of the topic and all. Bit your care always inspired me to make mine to match yours in some ways.. Can you tell me where you get your work on your car done, suspension, regular mechanical, and other work on your GS. I read here that you have the best tuners around here that you know and tight circle of people that help you with your beautiful ride. I am from Daytona. PM me with some info. Thanks, and good luck with your SUpercharger find, that would seal the deal.
Old 08-25-06, 09:05 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Ed's Garage.

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
Hey Ed, I know its of the topic and all. Bit your care always inspired me to make mine to match yours in some ways.. Can you tell me where you get your work on your car done, suspension, regular mechanical, and other work on your GS. I read here that you have the best tuners around here that you know and tight circle of people that help you with your beautiful ride. I am from Daytona. PM me with some info. Thanks, and good luck with your SUpercharger find, that would seal the deal.
Old 08-25-06, 09:11 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Cin, where are they located? What kind of work they do there, and where you at in FL?
Old 08-25-06, 09:15 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

lol.. Alright, I just got it.. I am a bit slow this morning.. That was good though.. So anyone has a good shop for those things above I listed?
Old 08-25-06, 09:27 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dlomonosov

thanks for the compls bro i appreciate them

i do all my own work from body to interior to brakes susp and eng if you want your ride done and are willing to drive to ft lauderdale i have plenty of time to hook you up beginning in sept seeing i will be layed off by then
Old 08-25-06, 10:06 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

sounds good man.. I was just outhere a month ago, took my NAD A/V Receiver to Lakes electronic to get fixed and I had a chance to look at the city.. I loved it beachside, damn nice homes, big boats, etc.. Looked very good.. I just got my Tein CS and new ball joints, and Daizen control arm bushings from Todd, went over my friends shop but he had a hard tome to figure out how to put the bushings (8 all together), he will try to press them out and new ones in today, but will see how it will all come out, I might need to drive over there to you so you can take a look at everything anyway, and I am planning to get Daizen sway bars soon anyway, so I will come up that done with you. Plus I got all kinds clunk and cracking noises from front end and he can't figure out what that is.. I had loose steering, fixed that with new rack shaft (after we realized it was not the rack, we changed that to), new tierods, now we got new control arm bushings and ball joints, will see what happends after all this is complete. He thinks that upper control arm ball joint is bad, because it has a little tinny bit of play, plus bad shock mount, Teins would take care of that, or that rack is bad.. So, you see, he is nice kid but I just do not feel comfortable, since he could never be sure and he never worked on Lexus before.. Hey man, why you might get layed off? Sorry to hear that.. So, I would take you up on this offer, I will deffinetly drive up there, plus love to see your ride man.. ttyl..
Old 08-25-06, 11:58 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Here's a alternate route you can take Ed. When you get laid off in September, drive up to Georgia (you can even do this while there for LexFest 06), and visit Mahdavi Motorsports and get your GS turboed!!!

http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/mmproducts.htm

Second kit on the page above:

NEW!!! 1998 & UP Lexus GS 400 BOLT-ON TURBO KIT

Complete kits start at $8,995.00
This kit provides 500 whp at 17psi and runs on your stock ecu. Great for daily driving enjoyment.

They car there belongs to Jaime on here.
Old 08-25-06, 12:11 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

heres an idea, buy a hi mileage gs3, blk of course and than swap everything on your car over to that car even the hood trunk, shoot even doors if they are in better condiditon than the new gs3. Than swap the motor and boost away. than sell your stock gs4 for a good 14-16k. you could probably find a nice blk gs3 for about 12k now with hi miles.

Kit,hood,trunk,brakes, suspension,wheels, interior, tails, headlights all can come out and be swapped. even the doors could be swapped. I mean it would take a week of work but it could also give you the power you might be looking for for much less than a gs4 fi..Just an idea in case you can't find a SC for your car.

I did a quick search on autotrader and found a blk gs3 in your area off sunrise for 9,900

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=46

Last edited by bluelex; 08-25-06 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-04-06, 03:39 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks chris

i am hoping dave or alfredo or even ivan will sell me theres

Sorry Ed I'm enjoying mine way to much to let it go.

I had been giving some though to taking SC off and going back to stock, then I drove my wifes GS400 and it seemed gutless in comparison.
That ended any thought of going back.

Sorry
Ivan
3dog