F/S Tom's Racing Grill - unpainted, NEW IN BOX

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 03:45 PM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S Tom's Racing Grill - unpainted, NEW IN BOX

Trial fitted it on the car today and decided it looked to good to sell it.

Last edited by TexasLex; 09-09-06 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Decided not to sell
Old 08-20-06, 09:17 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Nice Grill

Originally Posted by TexasLex
F/S Tom's Racing Grill - unpainted, NEW IN BOX

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=453

(I am trying to add more pictures but the system is timing out or something).

I ordered this from L-Tuned Parts and received it a few days ago. My intent was to mount my Passport SR7 radar remote radar receiver and laser jammers in the spaces between the grill's cross pieces. However, it turns out the spaces are not wide enough so I have decided to sell the grill and try something else. The grill is still in its original box with the provided emblem and all instructions (albiet they are written in Japanese, but they do have pictures).

Get the paint here: http://www.paintscratch.com/

This grill is very well made as you would expect from something made by Tom's. It is fiberglass and has a nice gelcoat finish. I also like it because you can mount a Lexus "L" in the middle of it to maintain the classy look while being sporty at the same time.

It turns out I cannot return the grill because it was a special order item so I am asking $330 shipped for it. I have sold quite a few items on CL. Sorry no "dibs". Please PM me for my PayPal address. Thank you.

I have this same grill. Very high quality. I realy like it alot.
Here is a pic for those that are curious. Good luck on the sale.

Btw, I used the front emblem from a GX470. I did not use the JDM Toyota emblem that came with it.
Old 08-21-06, 10:03 AM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Default Nice!

Thanks for the pic and the info on which Lexus emblem to use. Your pic is the first one I have seen showing the whole front of the car. After seeing what it looks like installed in all its glory I am kind of leaning towards maybe thinking about keeping the grill now.
Old 08-21-06, 12:07 PM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

i have the same grille on my car...if the mesh isn't big enough why don't you just change the mesh part?
Old 08-21-06, 04:27 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up TOMs Grill.

Thanks for the pic and the info on which Lexus emblem to use. Your pic is the first one I have seen showing the whole front of the car. After seeing what it looks like installed in all its glory I am kind of leaning towards maybe thinking about keeping the grill now.
No problem Tex, I thought posting my pic would help you sell the grill. But instead, it had an opposite effect. LOL It does go well with the grill on the bumper doesn't it. Like it should have come this way from the factory.
I have not even seen another car with this grill or even a pic of one. black_gs99 would you mind posting a pic of yours?

-Will
Old 08-22-06, 11:10 AM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by black_gs99
i have the same grille on my car...if the mesh isn't big enough why don't you just change the mesh part?
The grill I received does not have any mesh and, unless I am wrong here, I do not think it was supposed to have any. The clearance issue I have is that there is not enough space between the horizontal bars on the grill for the remote radar receiver module to "see" through clearly. However, the laser jammer modules do fit between the cross bars so I may try mounting the radar reciever module behind the grill and hope that it can "see" what it needs to well enough by looking through the grill
Old 08-22-06, 11:24 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Default TOMs Grill

The grill I received does not have any mesh and, unless I am wrong here, I do not think it was supposed to have any. The clearance issue I have is that there is not enough space between the horizontal bars on the grill for the remote radar receiver module to "see" through clearly. However, the laser jammer modules do fit between the cross bars so I may try mounting the radar reciever module behind the grill and hope that it can "see" what it needs to well enough by looking through the grill
I actually think black_gs99 has the other Toms grill that Carson has in stock with the mesh and not the JDM grill that takes forever to come from Japan.
See it here. http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=666
Old 08-22-06, 11:48 AM
TexasLex
Pole Position

Yes, I agree with you. The one we have is a special order grill which is probably why so few people have them. Mine was $380 plus shipping, so the $330 shipped I am asking is a pretty good deal for someone.