WTB: stainless steel trim surrounds

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 07:42 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: stainless steel trim surrounds

i need all the stainless steel trim that surrounds all the side glass... rain gutters, window bases, etc... everything.

reason: previous owner had car repainted and whatever bodyshop did the work managed to put at least one dent into each and every trim piece.

post or pm me here please... thanks.
Old 07-10-06, 08:32 PM
samster
Pole Position

yeps i hav ethe smae problem with all my trims before i repainted the my car
i took as much time and effort and paitions to take them of but no matter how soft i took them off or easin it off they still managed to wave~! so i can promise u tha teven if u buy used ones they are prolly wavy and junkyards don't sell trim like that they sell nice cars such as lexus and beamers by full part so if u want those trims u would prolly need to buy the whole door at the junkyard and i can promise u that u can't take them off and they will look like they never came off before. so i say best bet is to ge tthem form the dealer i belive they run about 80$ each for the ones on the doors and they want like 2$ or more just for those lil white clips holding it down
Old 07-11-06, 07:37 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i've been on the horn with park place and sewell, and i've been getting price quotes in the $50 range for each door piece, and that includes the mounting hardware. unfortunately, as expected, the drip rail is an almost $190 piece

the glass has proven to be a lot of grief for me. it was badly scratched by an attempted break-in with whatever they tried to use to slim jim the door. in addition to the damage from the bodyshop, all the door parts are marked up by the same tool. the insurance company will not cover scratched glass. however, if it had been broken, they would have replaced it... i hate insurance companies. they also haven't come back to me with how much my premiums will go up as a result of this, but it's very likely i will be doing this out of my own pocket...

Last edited by Benjamin T; 07-11-06 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-11-06, 07:47 AM
samster
Pole Position

50$ a piece is goood prices yeah i kno its 190$ for the drip piece on top but isn't that one revited on? it be a pain in the ***
Old 07-11-06, 07:55 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

my local dealer's parts dept. was not helpful (too busy, can't be helped), so i couldn't see the parts breakdown on their computer. park place provided me with what you see below, and i see no mention of hardware. when i look on my GS, i only see 2 pieces of mounting hardware for the entire rail... one looks like a clip (the one towards the front)... the rear one, i'm not so sure

from the park place lexus website (it's #5):

sewell is cheaper than park place, but park place's prices include free ups ground shipping. unfortunately for me, park place will not ship outside the continental US, and i'm in canada

thankfully darrel at sewell is always helpful. i'm sure he has dozens of customers to deal with each day, but he always seems to remember who you are and what i need. if i cannot find these parts used (especially the window), i will be going to sewell.
Old 07-11-06, 08:11 AM
samster
Pole Position

okay usee im having trouble understandin this so does the dealer in bayridge brooklyn lol
i got the run around for freakin months and they want me to prepay the order cause these items are special ordered which mean i don't even know if they are going to order me the right item~!

u see 5? is the drip molding thats the chrome trim were speakin of. how bout the 2 on the bottom of it how come it doesn't have a name or ID# i looks like it comes complete or something? but oviously i doesn't so if i was to order from parkplace or sewells what would the item oem parts # be?

thanks in advance dude~!
Attached Thumbnails WTB: stainless steel trim surrounds-parts-lexus.gif  
Old 07-11-06, 08:18 AM
samster
Pole Position

opps lols took me to long to find the image i see u got it already okay 's 2,3,4 and 6 or for the TOP of the roof the plastic trim between the pillar and the roof thats not to our concern

what i know is 5) is the drip molding with u and i need and the 2 bars below it has no ID to them which we also need, but the dealer seems cluless cause i call i go up they tell me 50$ then they tell me 80$ then they tell me its 2$ a clip and when i took mine off there was atleast 15 clips to each side lol so basically all i want to replace for the moment are the 2 bars below the dripmolding(5) with no ID if it comes complete all aorund the 4 pieces on each side for 190$ i will change them all. its just a hassle to change the drip molding because its held up by a couple of rivets

so thats my 2cents on it but dealer her in nyc is not rilly much help to me
i asked them aobut the cable and track for moonroof and i go no help for months it was leak so i just picked up a complete used roof off a 03 for the same price as how much 1 new track form the dealer would cost so if i could find these pieces without the dealer i would love too also BLahz rediculous~! lolz
Old 07-11-06, 08:26 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

again, taken from park place lexus' parts site:

i'm assuming we're talking about #10 and #11. now that i'm looking at it again, i misinterpreted the diagrams... the mounting hardware is not included. am i to assume that the hardware breaks when you remove the trim and you must buy new ones?

they do not list part numbers... the only way to get them is to buy the parts first and read them off the box labels

i guess park place is the way to go for you since shipping is free within the US. sewell costs more but will ship internationally so i'm be going with them instead.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 07-11-06 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-11-06, 12:39 PM
samster
Pole Position

yes thats exactly what i need but the mountin hardware is 2 yellow clips for the end of the trim and like mabe 5-7 white clips in between for each so taht is yes alot of 2$ lolz i would assume around atleast 15$ of clips for each molding
Old 07-11-06, 12:47 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i've never pull all this trim off before... are the original clips salvageable when you remove them for the first time?

also for the window base door trim... is the rubber scraper part of the trim?
Old 07-11-06, 06:37 PM
samster
Pole Position

yes the rubber is part of the trim! the front one if u roll down the window to take them off and remove the door panel u can save alot of them if ur very gentle u might be able to save all of them, howevery half of my clips are no good because my co-work asked me wha the hell was takin me so long to remove the trim and he came over and force them all out so my passanger sides with care are just wavy but the driver side those two moldings are hidious lol.

and since u siad ur's was removed for paintin previously which prolly means that they might be damaged!!! and for some reason those trims are diesel when they were never removed so i think its worth the clips or atleast a ocuple of new ones and save some old ones

yeps more money outta my pocket~ dammit lols
Old 07-11-06, 09:46 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

how many clips are there per door piece? the diagrams only show two for each... but from your description it sounds like there are more than that.
Old 07-11-06, 10:42 PM
samster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by samster
yes thats exactly what i need but the mountin hardware is 2 yellow clips for the end of the trim and like mabe 5-7 white clips in between for each so taht is yes alot of 2$ lolz i would assume around atleast 15$ of clips for each molding

i would say about 5-7 white clips, and 2 yellow clips for each molding? so mabe a total of 25-30 white clips and 8 yellow clips?
Old 07-12-06, 07:49 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

ugh that really adds up... i don't know whether to order them or not.

thanks samster. you were more helpful then the local lexus dealer parts guy i had to argue with this morning
Old 12-19-06, 09:26 PM
samster
Pole Position

hey i was wondering if u got ur trims yet and what was the total amoutn u spent? i still havn't had the time to order and go thru the hassle but i think the time has come to change them out -=D