Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-05, 09:47 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine

as the title says, i burnt my damn a pillar with a cig. i need the tan driver side one from the gs400 with the tan leather..please pm me if you have one in mint condition
Old 09-10-05, 11:09 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

not a soul huh? been looking for this for over a month now...the dealer wants $120 new
Old 01-06-06, 03:21 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

upstate GS4, Did you ever end up getting your drivers side pillar replaced?
Old 01-06-06, 05:45 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
upstate GS4, Did you ever end up getting your drivers side pillar replaced?
I was actually looking for one. Do you know where to find one for cheap?

Jonny
Old 01-06-06, 06:13 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

What do you call cheap? I think Carson quoted me $140 for one.. I found one at Park Place Lexus Plano for $105 shipped.
I remembered upstate GS4 had damaged the covering a while back. I was working on doing a pillar gauge pod mod and thought that if I can remove the OEM cover w/o damaging it, maybe he could use it to repair.
Old 01-06-06, 07:15 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

What do you call cheap? I think Carson quoted me $140 for one.. I found one at Park Place Lexus Plano for $105 shipped.
I remembered upstate GS4 had damaged the covering a while back. I was working on doing a pillar gauge pod mod and thought that if I can remove the OEM cover w/o damaging it, maybe he could use it to repair.
Gil,

I am also considering making a gauge pod so that is why I was thinking of getting a 2nd one to work on. $105 isn't too bad at all. Let me know what you do.

Regards Gil,
Jonny
Old 01-06-06, 08:17 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

What did you have in mind single, dual, triple pod? small 52mm or 62mm gauges?

I'm looking at doing a dual pod 52mm size.I've been talking to and looking at Dr. G's. He did the larger gauges, too big for me, but he had custom pods made and covered them in leather. They look really nice. I originally wanted to cover the pods in the same OEM headliner material. But I can't find that color any any of the uphostery shops yet.
Old 01-06-06, 08:30 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the guys at leatherseats.com could help you with matching the leather? I am pretty sure they sell it by the yard.
Old 01-06-06, 08:45 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

What did you have in mind single, dual, triple pod? small 52mm or 62mm gauges?

I'm looking at doing a dual pod 52mm size.I've been talking to and looking at Dr. G's. He did the larger gauges, too big for me, but he had custom pods made and covered them in leather. They look really nice. I originally wanted to cover the pods in the same OEM headliner material. But I can't find that color any any of the uphostery shops yet.
Ywah, I was thinking the 52mm BF gauges - just want boost and a/f gauges - but I could be talked into a 3rd just to make it complete

I haven't started looking for them yet - still trying to locate a good deal on the BF gauges.

Let me know what you come up with.

Morris - nice idea. I will call them - they are about an hour from me! Only place on this forum that is anywhere near me!!

Jonny
Old 01-06-06, 10:06 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Morris,
Great Idea, I'm on the horn now getting ready to send Jeremy some pics. I know Leatherseats.com can get the leather I'm checking w/ him on the stock fabric.

DX3,
what are BF gauges? What color is your interior?
Old 01-06-06, 01:51 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

hey guys im back in the thread ahaha! im actually glad to hear that you guys might want to swap up or something... its just one very small burn, actually smaller then the size of a cig tip on the middle of the inner felt i barely brushed it when i ashed my cig but its still enough for me to notice when i stare at it and it makes me mad because its not perfect.....i still definitely want one thats not toasty...if you guys wanted to trade or something, and cut mine up since it already has a mini blemish on it..i would be the happiest guy this side of upstate...im pissed off today i just took my pooch to the damn vet again because shes still sick poor lil snot.
Old 01-06-06, 03:23 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Morris,
Great Idea, I'm on the horn now getting ready to send Jeremy some pics. I know Leatherseats.com can get the leather I'm checking w/ him on the stock fabric.

DX3,
what are BF gauges? What color is your interior?

Gil,

They are made by Defi I believe. They are black and don't show anything until you turn them on. You daisy link them onto an electronic unit (Forget the name). Do a search on ebay for them.

Upstate - this would only work if the blemish was in the exact area that the gauge would be covering.

Jonny
Old 01-06-06, 04:18 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dx3
Gil,

They are made by Defi I believe. They are black and don't show anything until you turn them on. You daisy link them onto an electronic unit (Forget the name). Do a search on ebay for them.

Upstate - this would only work if the blemish was in the exact area that the gauge would be covering.

Jonny

more than likely is, want me to post up a pic? i can do it tomorrow in the morning, too dark right now.. let me know
Old 01-07-06, 12:35 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

upstate,
Please take a pic., also do one of the of the back side. I would not have a problem trading pillars but I noticed something looking at the back of Dr.Gs's. Hehase a 99GS400 same as yours and and the pillar mounrs toally differemt than my 01430. I'm guesing that 98-00 are the same and pillar was changed in01.
Dr.G's look like it clips on w/ 2 slots on the pillar & mine bolts on at the top and on the bottom has a metal rod attached to it that fit into a slot on the cars pillar. I'll post pics.

If I can take off the cover of mine w/o damaing it you could use that to recover yours. It is in perfect shape.

DX3,
I remember now seeing those gauages. Do think that you'll recover your entire pillar? if so upstates damage sholdn't effect your project but thats your call.

Here is the back of my pillar
Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine-imag0045-1.jpg  

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 01-07-06 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-07-06, 12:38 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Here is the back of Dr.G's 99 GS400 pillar.
Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine-drg-pod-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine