Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 03:30 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upstate I think I may have found your answer and cheap. I stumbled on to this site. seems to have all kinds of Lexus parts and at decents prices. It is a little hard locating what you want. Check this out #3 I believe is the fabric pillar cover It shows charcoal but youcan order t in the vory. and it os only $5
All you have to do is peal your cover off and apply this one.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=3&catalogid=2
Old 01-12-06, 05:55 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Upstate I think I may have found your answer and cheap. I stumbled on to this site. seems to have all kinds of Lexus parts and at decents prices. It is a little hard locating what you want. Check this out #3 I believe is the fabric pillar cover It shows charcoal but youcan order t in the vory. and it os only $5

wow man, if that would work out..well i mean even if it doesnt..for 5 bucks its worth a shot! youre the man..now if only i could figure out how to change the color over to ivory...its early in the am yet give me time haha
Old 01-12-06, 05:59 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

gil-

i got a sliiiightly different price when i went hunting for the ivory one: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...98&catalogid=2

maybe im doing something wrong?
Old 01-12-06, 03:04 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Upstate, I was looking under 01-05 GS. I have the 01 430. When you click on the Ivory It only gives the price for the entire pillar. Click on the Charcoal and it allows you open open up and view the alll the wind shield pillar parts.
It does show 98-00 GS cover (#3) as $23 There is not that much difference between mine and your
the only difference in 98-00 and 01- 05 is the hole near the top. look at my pic I posted 2001+ has a hole at the to for mounting screw and yours ( 98- 00) don't. So 01-05 pillar is $104 and yours is $ 127.

I would cal their 800 number and give them the ivory color or order the charcoal cover and in the ordering notes put down "you want the Driver's side cover in Ivory" That is what I did but I ordered the entire pillar.

Another option, I'm lookin to recover my pillar for a project i'm doing, I'm sending Jeremy of Leatherseats.com a sample of the headliner/pillar fabric so he can match it. I'm sure he can match it but I have not decided for yet if I wan to recover in OEM fabric or leather. IF I get the fabric I'll have abunch left ( you have to buy min.1 yard which is 36" x 54") I' give what you you need from what I have left

Or you can just buy a yard from Jeremy recover yours and have plenty left if you need to make any repairs later on.
Let me find out what color & #'s he comes up with and I'll post it up for others.
Old 01-12-06, 03:08 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

oops, here id the98-00 pillar cover info.

Old 01-14-06, 09:55 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

oops, here id the98-00 pillar cover info.

gil....so do you really think that link that you most recently gave me is actually the cloth/liner by itself specifically for my 98 gs400 with the tan interior, driver side? i have no problem removing the old liner ,i used to mess with that stuff all the time in my other ride, but im just havin a hard time believing the easy way out is only a click and $25 bucks away, instead of buying a whole new pillar for $140! lemme know what you think...
Old 01-15-06, 12:09 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Upstate that # 3 part has to be the cover cover to the pillar. The pic that they are displaying is the 01-05 I dont belive yours mount on the top w/ a srcews. Give them a call 800.275.5398 and ask them. I just peeled my cover off and there is not a lot to it so $25 is not unreasonable. It should be a lot less than that . I think it has a film of some adhesive paper on the back side of the cover.
If you want to wait untill I find out from Jeremy (Leatherseats.com) what color and stock our pillar fabric is. You shoud be able to get 1yard (36" x 54") for $20-$25. then you'll have plenty to any repairs if needed on your other pillars ( side and back)
Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine-98-00-pillar-dash-1-pic.jpg  
Old 02-09-06, 03:51 PM
cromvt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick note guys...

I just called the Parts Department at Park Place Lexus. The person I talked to said the part was called "Pillar Garnish" and it does not show up on their site. He gave me the part number and it would not come up in the search. He said it was 106.00.

Part number: 62212-30410-A0
Old 02-10-06, 01:53 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Part number: 62212-30410-A0 is what I got that is for the 2001+ . The 98-99 mount differently
Old 03-04-06, 10:20 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

upstateGS4,
Did you ever get your pillar replaced or repaired?
Old 03-07-06, 12:21 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

upstateGS4,
Did you ever get your pillar replaced or repaired?
hey bro, please check your email...the email you sent the pics never came through..id like the fabric to cover both pillars if you have to give me but i would really like to give you some money for it, i appreciate the gesture but you helped out a lot getting the stuff already and id feel better giving you atleast some $ for it and for shipping, etc. please email me back at upstategs@yahoo.com with the pics re-attached and let me know your paypal info and how much you would like to cover your costs and i will paypal you today...this way we can also stick this in the vouch forum as well, extra points over there are always helpful.
Old 03-07-06, 01:31 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

I'll shoot the pic again I do have enough to give you for both pillars. Each should be 7" x 32".
Wait and see the pics. and see if the are to your approval.I try and post the pics here. It could help any other members that might need to replace/repair fabric. I can email you larger pics if you need them.
I just need to send them in something that I can roll them up, so you don't it kinked like I did.

Pic-1
Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine-100_0344-1-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-07-06, 01:32 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Here is pic-2
Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine-100_0345-1-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-07-06, 01:32 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Here is pic-3
Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Gs Tan A Pillar Driver Side I Toasted Mine-100_0346-1-medium-.jpg