WTB: Rear Lip Spoiler/Wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 02:53 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Rear Lip Spoiler/Wing

The 2 Spoilers that I want are both on back order (Carson Toyota), Veilside Executive until the end of March and RMM...Who knows when with these guys. So I am looking to see if any of you guys have something along this look for sale.

Thanks
Old 02-17-05, 04:32 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Next week im probably going to be selling my Alpine Silver RMM spoiler (i haven't decided yet, but i'll give you a heads up)

J

I'll PM you if i decide to sell
Old 03-10-05, 11:13 PM
ac1118
Driver School Candidate

Be careful with Carson Toyota. I ordered a TTE lip spoiler(the $219 one) and they sent me the $169 one. When I called them they told me it was because the 219 was out of stock. Whats crazy is that they charged me the 219 for the 169 spoiler. They probably thought I wasn't going to find out. Aint that some crap?
Old 03-10-05, 11:37 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ac1118
Be careful with Carson Toyota. I ordered a TTE lip spoiler(the $219 one) and they sent me the $169 one. When I called them they told me it was because the 219 was out of stock. Whats crazy is that they charged me the 219 for the 169 spoiler. They probably thought I wasn't going to find out. Aint that some crap?
It was probably an honest mistake. Did they rectify the situation though? Mistakes happen but how it is handled is just as important as getting it right.
Old 03-11-05, 08:15 AM
TYPEII
Racer

I went ahead and got a WIN spoiler, just like u Neo....
Old 03-11-05, 09:26 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by TYPEII
I went ahead and got a WIN spoiler, just like u Neo....
Nice.

Did you get it from Carson? Is that price on the website still accurate?
Old 03-11-05, 09:42 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Originally Posted by Neo
Nice.

Did you get it from Carson? Is that price on the website still accurate?
It is, but I got a deal on mine, it's probably because they screwed up one of my orders and that I bought tons of stuff from them previously...Dropped like 4K in oneday....Had to shell out the dough, Couldn't find anyone who made a replica, which really surprises me, someone can be making $$$$ right now on a good knockoff.
Old 03-11-05, 09:55 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Couldn't find anyone who made a replica, which really surprises me, someone can be making $$$$ right now on a good knockoff.
There actually is a knock-off. Pretty good fitment but it is heavier and will need to be held on by bolts i.e. drilling involved. I tried for 2 months dealing with these guys and they kept pushing the expected dates off. I finally got tired of it and got the original. No regrets.
Old 03-11-05, 10:05 AM
ac1118
Driver School Candidate

I can understand an honest mistake, but how do you explain subsituting it with a cheaper model and not letting me know. They are now saying I HAVE WAIT for them to get it. Im not trying to hear that because I waited already and now they were trying to charge me a 15% restocking fee. Now you know that just aint gonna happen.
Old 03-11-05, 10:15 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by ac1118
I can understand an honest mistake, but how do you explain subsituting it with a cheaper model and not letting me know. They are now saying I HAVE WAIT for them to get it. Im not trying to hear that because I waited already and now they were trying to charge me a 15% restocking fee. Now you know that just aint gonna happen.
I would try to talk to Steve Ganz directly. PM him here: SUPRATRD. Not to try to make an excuse for Carson, but they have had good steady growth and have gotten more exposure with last year's website overhaul. With staff changes, the person who packaged the spoiler may not have known it was the "wrong" one. Steve deals with a lot of aftermarket parts and not everyone on his staff may be as knowledgeable as he.

Not that I don't believe you but in these buyer said/vendor said situations, there are always two sides and we don't know Carson's side. If it was a mistake, the wait is valid since TTE is Europe based and there would be some wait time even if the item is in stock over there. As for the restocking fee, I am with you that it should not be the case if it was a mistake on their part.

Again, try to talk to Steve. He has always taken care of these situations in the past.
Old 03-11-05, 10:35 AM
ac1118
Driver School Candidate

Thanks alot for your input. I'll definitely talk to him. Dont get me wrong I am not trying to down them at all, their reputation speaks for it self, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I have 4"stainless steel pipes on my 430 not just tips, I have the entire L-Sportline kit, an intake and 20s. She sits real pretty and rides like a gem. When we Lexus owners put money in to these whips, we want them to be as perfect as can be. Again thanks for the input.