ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

HomeLink Problem Solved

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-07, 05:10 PM
Neal73
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking HomeLink Problem Solved

I have a Genie Excelerator (Model ISD995) installed and is programmed to operate from Wireless Keypad, a Genie Remote control and the HomeLink in my auto. All has been working well since it was installed 12/2003. This is a "rolling code" version.

Saturday I traded my '02 Caddy for '07 Lexus ES350 that also has the HomeLink. I was unable to program the new car HomeLink. When going through the setup procedure, the HomeLink switch "acted" as though it received the programming from a remote, but the Radio Signal Indicator would not respond to the HomeLink transmissions........it just continued to "blink", and finally time out. I tried to program this many times.....probably 15 times, with the same result.

The Remote Units and the KeyLess Pad will operate my Genie without problem.

In order to determine if the HomeLink in the new car was on the "Fritz", I attempted to program the HomeLink for my daughters garage-door opener. I used the same procedure, and it responded. No problems.....HomeLink switch #3 will successfully open my daughters garage door. She also has a "rolling" code.

FYI - I tried programming all three switches in the new HomeLink at my residence. None would respond. The fact that Switch #3 successfully took the programming of my daughters garagedoor opener lead me to believe that the HomeLink device was probably working ok.

I have used both the Standard size Genie Remote Control and the Series II Mini Transmitter to program the HomeLink.

So..........I visited with my Lexus Dealer and he suggested calling the HomeLink Help Line at 800-355-3515, which I did. In relatively short time, after a 15 minute wait, the Help Desk person suggested I try one of the "other" buttons on the Series II Mini Transmitter. It has three.........one large and two smaller buttons. I had been using the "large" to program the HomeLink buttons. When I repeated the procedure (that I have done 20 times by now), but using the "small" button, it WORKED ! !

The Help Guy indicated that there was some sort of a coding difference between the "large" and "small" button. I was so pleased with the result, I sorta lost interest in the detail.

If you have problems,try all the "buttons"............still won't work, call the Help Desk. The Help Desk person was very nice.
The following users liked this post:
RJMacReady (07-11-23)
Old 05-29-07, 10:13 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What a great first post!!! Welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 05-30-07, 08:21 AM
Neal73
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geee....Thanx.
2007 ES350 Smokey Granite Mica / Gray Interior - me too (No UL)
Old 05-30-07, 09:38 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a similar problem where I couldn't program my Home Link.

Solution was, to clear the memory by pressing the one and three button at the same time and wait for a steady blink.

~ Cap
Old 06-01-07, 01:53 PM
josephlee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it might be a stupid question. But the homelink thing only works with digital motors rite?
Old 01-23-10, 03:28 PM
SPENCEMW24
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks so much Neal73

Wow! Thanks so much Neal73 for your post! My husband and I had tried and tried for several hours. I then searched the Web and found your post and we said "Well, why not. We'll try the other button on the remote and see what happens". Wow it worked INSTANTLY and on the 1st try using one of the smaller buttons on the remote! Thank you so much for your very informative message. We just purchased a 2007 RX-350 and could not get the garage door opener programmed. We had a 2001 RX-300 and the programming was very simply on it. Thanks so much. Really appreciate it!
Old 03-07-10, 06:30 PM
Timitdir
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks so much!

Neil, Incredible. After a few hours of going crazy, knowing I was following all the right steps I ran across your post and within 5 minutes I was programmed and homelink was working!!! Now I can sleep tonight!!
Old 03-07-10, 07:13 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

tim...are you a new Lexus owner
Old 07-05-15, 07:41 PM
Phil467
Driver School Candidate

I too struggled with configuring my Momelink on my 2007 Lexus ES 350 and a Genie "rolling code" opener. I was using a replacement Genie remote I bought from Home Depot. With this remote, I never got to the point in the process of seeing the fast blinking lights on the Homelink console.

I dug out an old Genie remote that came with my original opener. I repeated the process and the remote synced immediately with Homelink... I finished the process as stated in the manual and am now good to go.
Old 09-04-16, 06:31 PM
2010rouge
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also would like to chip in for future users... The way I got it to work for me is adjusting the antenna connected to the Genie garage opener. All I needed to do is to point the antenna outward towards the outside rather just have it hanging downward. I've tried programming with the car outside of garage, and using every other buttons I can possibly click.
It really depends on the garage opener itself...it behaves so....exotically?
-08 Lexus RX400h
Old 12-03-16, 09:14 AM
elviejo
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this forum, in fact I just registered to the Club a few minutes ago. I was dealing with this issue for a while since my Homelink was unable to sync with my Garage Transmitter showing all times slow blink instead of fast blinking.
Thx reading one post in this Forums I realized that with my car I had to put the ignition on "run" to get this to work. I didn't try on "acc"position, so I don't know if on that will work. BTW the Lexus user Manual don't mention this step when syncing the transmitter and the Homelink.
I hope this help other members like did on my situation.
2008 Lexus GS 350 AWD.
Old 07-15-17, 05:28 PM
lperreault
Driver School Candidate

I was still having problems as the key step I did not understand was that I still had to hold the remote up to the home link BEFORE doing the "learn" intellicode thing. So here is what worked for me.
1. With car running and door closed, push and hold 1 and 3 buttons together until blink fast, then let go IMMEDIATELY before the blinking stops.
2. With remote control that came with my house, hold it up to the button I want to program and push and hold BOTH buttons (the one that works for the garage door on the remote and the one on the car) until the light starts blinking rapidly.
3. Get on ladder and push "learn" button on remote control motor head and run back to car.
4. Push the same button IN THE CAR that I was programming several times until garage door started to respond. Then push once more to reverse door.

There are very clear instructions on YouTube from HomeLink Gentex called "HomeLInk Training Instructions (English). I'm new here so I'm not sure if my link will post right now but trying anyway.

Old 07-29-17, 03:22 PM
bucfan22
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tried so many times, with many different guides but none working for my new Chamberlain garage door opener ( stupid 2.0 security i read). Called Chamberlain and they are no longer sending you a repeater/bridge any more. It is another $25 plus shipping which make me mad that i didn't read about homelink and new garage door before purchase it and installed it. Wish i can just take it down and return it so it can go back to Chamberlain as used.
Old 08-03-19, 03:49 PM
Tucknroll
Driver School Candidate

Default This worked!!

Originally Posted by lperreault
I was still having problems as the key step I did not understand was that I still had to hold the remote up to the home link BEFORE doing the "learn" intellicode thing. So here is what worked for me.
1. With car running and door closed, push and hold 1 and 3 buttons together until blink fast, then let go IMMEDIATELY before the blinking stops.
2. With remote control that came with my house, hold it up to the button I want to program and push and hold BOTH buttons (the one that works for the garage door on the remote and the one on the car) until the light starts blinking rapidly.
3. Get on ladder and push "learn" button on remote control motor head and run back to car.
4. Push the same button IN THE CAR that I was programming several times until garage door started to respond. Then push once more to reverse door.

There are very clear instructions on YouTube from HomeLink Gentex called "HomeLInk Training Instructions (English). I'm new here so I'm not sure if my link will post right now but trying anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BseDur3LG0
After many days of attempts to solve this problem and a few hours of research, your solution was the only solution that worked. Thank you so very much for posting this!