SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Old 12-20-01, 07:45 AM
Welcome to CL
Official Welcome Wagon

Received 169 Likes on 26 Posts
Smile SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to Club Lexus! Whether you are a long time lurker who just got your new-to-you SC or a recent joiner, please post here and introduce yourself to the rest of the SC community.

Tell us a little about yourself and your SC. If you have them, I strongly enourage posting pictures of your ride (you will certainly be asked by the members) in your introduction.

As the moderator team comes across other new member introduction posts, we'll merge them here.

NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NEW SC IN THIS POST, they will get lost in the shuffle. I'll quote one of our forum moderators with some good guidelines about getting started on CL for those questions:

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
This will be stickied, but first will be locked and bumped since stickied threads get ignored. It will be released and bumped from time to time.

First, try here for repetitive questions: http://intellexual.net/faq.html

Second, if you still have a question, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

- To use search properly, designate the forum you wish to search in HERE. This will reduce unneeded threads popping up in search.

- When you need to search a question with only 3 letters like AEM, you need to use a wildcard like this: AEM*

- Try other terms. The center vent for instance that is in the dash is actually called a "register". Also, use as little of keywords as possible to maximize your search.

Third, I cannot stress this enough...... USE THE PROPER FORUM. Engine and drive train related threads go in the engine forum. Steering, suspension, and brake questions go in the suspension and brakes forum (go figure). We have to move so many threads due to improper posting you are likely going to get a tongue lashing if you repetitively do not put it in the correct forum.

Forth- WHEELS and TIRES (including fit and offset questions) go in the WHEELS FORUM here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum-76/

- there is also a large wheel thread we have allowed to stay in the SC forum here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158592

Fifth- Electronics related questions (key fobs, security, audio) go in the electronics forum here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/

Sixth- Lighting related questions go here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lighting-128/

The rest you should be able to figure out on your own. Good luck and enjoy your stay!
A final note, please be sure to start off with the FAQ / DIY Links thread at the top of this forum.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-28-11 at 01:38 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by Welcome to CL:
Epguyy (09-29-17), fliperj (06-25-20), Gatemouth (03-09-18), LXUS400 (12-11-16), Meshel (01-29-24), rarebmx4me (03-28-19), Reaper1970 (10-19-23), TBoostSC (09-28-20) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-17-07, 07:17 PM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default **noob Alert** updated on page 2 w/ pics

**updated** pics on page 2

Hello, my name is Luin and ive been a alcoholic for 4..... errr whoops, wrong forum.

I recently purchased a 1996 SC300 coupe and have been a lurker here on the forums for a few days and just thought I would say hello. I've been sending some PMs out to some users so some peeps allready know me a little. As soon as I get my SC300 back I will take some pics of it. It is currently getting new brakes put on by my dealer free of charge. The coupe runs great and for what it can do power wise it still gets great MPG! I filled it up when I bought it and have put 95 miles on it and its currently just above half a tank. Its the dark green color and a automatic. It has the changer in the back that works flawlessly and sounds great! Now the radio stations is a different story.

I live in SW Missouri and no one here knows what a soarer is so im going to swap out the badges to mess with people. haha!

I have the normal center cap paint peeling issue, so im thinking about just taking them off, clean the inside of the wheel and put on some nice crome lugs and call it good. If I do the soarer badging I will need to swap out the centers anyway, so might as well start debadging it by removing the "L's".

Besides the soarer badging, im not going to do to much to it till I get a FULL TUNE up done. It runs great, but im not going to take no chances. The main thing im going to work on is the sub in the rear.... im taking out the factory free air and am going to mount a small sealed box under the rear deck with either two 8's or a single 12 if I have room above the gas tank.

If I do anything be prepared for a description and lots of pics!! lol

So sit back and wait for my pics... haha, just kidding dont loose any sleep!

Last edited by Luin; 03-21-07 at 03:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rarebmx4me (03-28-19)
Old 03-17-07, 07:23 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL

Post some pics!
Old 03-17-07, 07:35 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luin
Hello, my name is Luin and ive been a alcoholic for 4..... errr whoops, wrong forum.
Hilarious.

Originally Posted by Luin
I recently purchased a 1996 SC300 coupe...Its the dark green color and an automatic...im going to swap out the badges to mess with people.
I have a dark green 96 SC400. Your car is practically my twin. I have swapped the badges for Soarer badges. If you want pictures, just PM me. I have gotten infinitely many more inquisitive looks since putting on the badges than before putting them on.

Welcome to the forum. There is practically endless information to be had here.
Old 03-17-07, 07:39 PM
XxSC400xX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club.
I'm kinda interested in said about replacing the sub. I have spent a lot of time exploring similar options, but came to the conclusion that there simply isn't enough room between the rear deck and the gas tank for properly sized boxes. Maybe if a custom fiberglass enclosure is made, but keep in mind that the fuel filler pipe leaves little room on one side. I never spent the time to measure and calculate the volume of space, but it's not much. As far as putting a single 12" in the deck I'm pretty sure it won't fit. I barely could fit my 10", but if you have a way then I'm all ears.
Now let's see some of those pics.
Old 03-17-07, 07:54 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Old 03-17-07, 07:57 PM
19ES250
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-17-07, 08:12 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the SC and to Club Lexus!
Old 03-17-07, 08:28 PM
atxishome
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Howdy and welcome!! You'll probably spend far more time than is reasonable wanderin around on here
The following users liked this post:
Sc400sky89 (12-14-19)
Old 03-17-07, 09:12 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the SC300.
Old 03-17-07, 11:10 PM
insomniac
Lead Lap

welcome to the club, everyone here is pretty awesome.
Old 03-18-07, 12:26 AM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to CL Luin. Ive got a dark green sc3 too, mines a 93 tho. Maybe I should swap out the L's for the griffin too so I can be cool like you guys.
Old 03-18-07, 01:10 AM
icec0ld
Pole Position

WELCOME! now let's see some pics...
Old 03-18-07, 01:15 AM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

welcome like everyone else lets see pics !
Old 03-18-07, 07:34 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by insomniac
welcome to the club, everyone here is pretty awesome.
Thanks - welcome and look forward to those pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!