GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Blue Smoke After Lucas Injector Cleaner on Startup

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 08:08 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Blue Smoke After Lucas Injector Cleaner on Startup

On the recommendations of a few friends, I decided to go and buy Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner. I put in about half a bottle into slightly more than half a tank of gas. But I forgot that the tank already had STP injector cleaner from the about 3 days ago when I was filling up. So, now for the past two days, my car blows out blue smoke on startup. It is only for an instants, and goes away instantly. I know this can also be caused by valve seals, so I am hoping to wait a little while till all the lucas runs out of the system.

Has anyone else had this happen with a fuel cleaner?
The following users liked this post:
Mahran90 (12-19-22)
Old 02-26-07, 09:26 AM
narfy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i suggest you run this tank as close to empty as you can... and then fill it completely full with whatever gas you normally run to dilute the remaining stuff...

i've seen engines puff strange colours and smoke biig clouds with fuel injector cleaner in the tanks...
Old 02-26-07, 09:41 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That is normal, and a good sign that the product is working.. Very effective product Lucus That smoke is nothing compared to the amount of smoke generated from a proffessional fuel injection cleaning... You should get that done later on to really get the carbon build-up out.
Old 02-26-07, 12:41 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

And I was starting to get worried. Like what the hell is going on. At first I thought it was something to do with the exhaust. I just installed a Borla on sunday, and started thinking that I just couldn't see the blue due to the stock muffler being restrictive or something. Then my normal logic kicked in, and I figured that there is no way a muffler will make a difference like that. It just so happened that I put Lucas and Borla on/in the car at the same time.

I still have half a bottle of Lucas. I am contemplating of what to do with it.
Old 02-26-07, 03:28 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't use that other Lucas product that adds to your oil I have heard some nasty S*** about that stuff.
Old 02-26-07, 04:14 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

if you buy a borla exhaust, i'll be coated in cutting oil to prevent oxidization/corrosion/rust... that coating will burn off after you run your car for a while... shouldn't just smoke a puff on start-up...
Old 02-27-07, 05:35 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

I don't use any other lucas products. The only thing I have ever added to my car is fuel injection cleaner, and washer fluid. I heard horror stories about lucas oil.

My Borla was used. I don't think it had any oil in there from before. I am sure this has something to do with my car burning the carbon or something from the cleaning.

Thanks all.
Old 02-28-07, 11:16 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Woohoo, the tank went empty, and no more blue smoke. Oh, no more ticking from the injectors. I am going to put the rest of the bottle in, and finish off this project. Let's just say that this product beats the crap out of every other fuel injection cleaner I have ever used.
Old 02-28-07, 11:32 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm gonna have to give this a shot. thanks for the review!

btw: how bad was your injectors ticking?
Old 02-28-07, 12:30 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

My injectors were crazy loud. If parked in the garage, that would be the only thing you heard from my car. Like if you were to stand there and tap a pen against a wall. Thats how loud it was. I could hear it outside, that was loud, and my friends used to always ask me what that was. Now, it sounds like a fan, thats it. I like it.
Old 06-08-07, 10:48 PM
gsproject
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just used lucus fuel injector cleaner and I have tons of white smoke coming out on startups. It only happens on startups or if I rev really hard...this goes to show you that lucus is a strong and an effective product!
Old 06-09-07, 06:45 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

I've used Lucas fuel additive in my other cars and never really noticed white smoke.. i 've only used Seafoam in the GS.. SO is the smoke a good thing to let you know its burning the crud away? Thanks

Is the car smoke free now..
Old 06-09-07, 07:16 AM
TonY_G
Driver

hmmm, i was told RUN-RITE is the Best solution out there,

I am looking into the 3 step Process..and im taking my car to one of their local dealers do it professionally,..

so i am going to get all this blue/white smoke as well?
Old 06-09-07, 07:17 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Best injector cleaner I have ever used is the one from Amsoil I got in the U.S., beats the pants off of Techron or even Restore (which is pretty potent), but not available down here for me.
Old 06-11-07, 07:16 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know, lucas was the only one i have ever seen cause so much blue smoke. After it ran through the entire tank, the blue smoke stopped completely. I am happy with the results.

Quick Reply: Blue Smoke After Lucas Injector Cleaner on Startup