IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum

Old 11-05-06, 10:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts
Exclamation ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum

A Request and Message to ALL 2IS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 2IS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 2nd Gen IS model forum.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 2IS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 2IS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 2IS forum and help members
3) update of the 2IS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:
  • Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
  • Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' button to notify moderators of an issue
  • Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for
  • Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them.

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.
The following 13 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
aFONTAINE (01-08-20), Amishmatt (01-23-18), bryceis250 (12-28-17), dagohoy620 (10-19-20), Gudgyrl53 (06-13-21), hfbldpnce (11-29-20), Is350PUMA (09-04-19), isaacrvl88 (07-21-19), Lex76 (07-12-19), owenmccull (01-21-24), PLynnOo (10-18-19), scchuck (01-02-20), sheetmetalfab (03-24-24) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-05-06, 02:57 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I was wondering if it was ever going to stop!

ITs about time we start helping eachother out instead of flaming eachother out.

I'll do my best to help out!
The following 5 users liked this post by t0e:
apearce (01-24-23), Chooper (03-04-21), dagohoy620 (10-19-20), Lex76 (07-12-19), scchuck (01-02-20)
Old 11-05-06, 03:04 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Agreed... I'm in!

Javier
The following users liked this post:
dagohoy620 (10-19-20)
Old 11-05-06, 03:12 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll most definitely help out.
dagohoy620 (10-19-20)
Old 11-05-06, 03:34 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good post Dave I've been noticing the rude comments, and as a result of it I have not been posting as much in the 2IS forum. Hopefully your post will end a lot of the bickering and flaming so we can all just get along again.
ClubLexus is by far the best forum I've been on, and I'd like to see it stay that way! I'll contribute to the CL 2IS community as much as I can.
dagohoy620 (10-19-20)
Old 11-05-06, 03:37 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

I agree, I'm in as well.
Old 11-05-06, 03:50 PM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the attention to this issue. I joined this forum to learn and to help. As a former forum admin I agree with everything you are doing here and will do my part as a member to help and inform.

Thanks again!
Old 11-05-06, 04:09 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, im pretty new here and it was starting to get old, too many keyboard warriors........
I think the rudest thing i have seen is the "use the search button", it takes more time to write some E-smack then it does to help, if you cant help be quiet and let someone who can post a responce of value do so.

Id like to see more of a community spirit as well, that is why i joined.
dagohoy620 (10-19-20)
Old 11-05-06, 05:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
Good post Dave I've been noticing the rude comments, and as a result of it I have not been posting as much in the 2IS forum. Hopefully your post will end a lot of the bickering and flaming so we can all just get along again.
ClubLexus is by far the best forum I've been on, and I'd like to see it stay that way! I'll contribute to the CL 2IS community as much as I can.
Oh, better believe the craziness will stop

Dave hit the nail on the head and it will take all of us to make this forum a better place.
dagohoy620 (10-19-20)
Old 11-05-06, 06:24 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, there are a lot of useless posts. and sometimes i want to lash out at those people but i control myself. i'm sure they know who they are and hope our forums become a lot friendlier. after all, we're supposed to help each other out and give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism if needed. thanks to the mods for this little message.
dagohoy620 (10-19-20)
Old 11-05-06, 07:00 PM
Gary H
Driver School Candidate

Default Totally agree

I have only been using the forums to read, afraid to post and get flamed.
Old 11-05-06, 07:03 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

heal the world...make it a better place. j/k
Old 11-05-06, 08:16 PM
cajunboy
Driver

all for one, one for all ....I really enjoy this forum and learn new thing daily about the IS, i will do my best to help achieve the forum goal..
Old 11-05-06, 08:21 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

For sure, I'm in. I personal avoid posting my mods and things I like to share because I know I'm gonna get flame...
Old 11-05-06, 08:22 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

I agree, there has been a lot of "war" going on in here lately, it's about time we all take some preventive measures to alleviate the problem.

I didn't even know that forums like this existed and came about this one when doing research on the IS. This is a really great forum and has helped me in a LOT of things before and after purchasing my car to include mods and advice from members here. It would be a shame that some of the other members, new and oldtimers (like myself ) didn't get to benefit from such a great forum because of a minor few who have been attacking other people.

Thank you to all the mods for taking care of this problem!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum