RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

remote start in rx330

Old 12-14-03, 01:59 PM
mcdec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start in rx330

Has anyone actually had a remote starter installed in their rx 330? I think all luxury vehicles should have this feature!

What brand did you guys use and did it affect any of the security and electronic features of the car? How about the warranty? Thanks guys!
Old 12-14-03, 07:44 PM
rx330blk
Driver School Candidate

I don't think this can actually be done in the RX, because of the vehicle immobilizer system. However, if you were to install one of these, a couple of things would need to happen.

1. The immobilizer cannot use a rolling code (changes the code each time you start the car)
- I don't know if Lexus uses one, but I suspect they would as both Mercedes, and BMW do.
2. If Lexus does not use a rolling code system then, you would have to find a way to have the remote starter present the correct immobilizer # each time the engine starts, which is no easy feat, and makes it much easier for people to steal your car.
Old 12-14-03, 08:55 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

my uncle got the 03 rx330 with remote start feature. its a great feature and can be done from dealer!!!
The following users liked this post:
12jewlz4u (03-08-24)
Old 12-15-03, 04:31 PM
mcdec
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your responses.

Nysupraman, if its not too big a hassle to you, will you be able to find out what brand the dealer installed in your uncle's RX330. Thanks again!
Old 12-15-03, 11:23 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

we jsut installed a viper remote start alarm system in a 02 RX300. You have to buy the bypass box from viper model 555U. You place a chip inside that box which allows u to remote start ur car.

Last edited by Din; 12-15-03 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 11:35 AM
dimepiece
Driver School Candidate

My dealer advised me not to get a remote starter for my 2004 RX 330 because it will affect the warranty. It's something they don't install att he dealership or recommend teh buyer to get. I bought mine at the Lexus of Englewood (NJ)
Old 12-14-04, 01:05 PM
boielroy
Driver School Candidate

When I placed the order for my RX330 last month, I was given a "menu" of dealer installed options. It listed the remote starter as an item and I was told it could be rolled into the price of my lease.
Old 12-29-04, 06:26 PM
sjo99
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote start for Lexus

I would suggest you take a look at the following link:

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxl...mote_start.php

I have not ordered this yet, but plan to! I have had remote start on the last three cars & cannot live without it! O.K., perhaps a bit too much drama but you know what I mean. I particularly like this one because it works with the Lexus FACTORY key/remote!

JT
Old 07-25-06, 12:42 PM
dhamaka127
Driver

Post remote start

My dealer told me the same thing as dimepiece's dealer. my deal is in Southamton, NY on Long Island.

I was looking at the link that was sent by sjo99 and i was wondering if any one has used it. if so reply back and let me know what you think about it.

Also how does that work for a RX330. I saw RX300 on their site.
Old 07-26-06, 11:27 AM
gscone
Driver School Candidate

You guys are all mis informed. A remote starter can be added to the RX330 or Rx350. I'm picking up my new Rx350 tonight and i had the option of the remote starter installed.
Old 07-26-06, 02:23 PM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer installed an Audiovox remote starter on my 05 RX330. I paid a premium for it just so that if it caused any problems with security or other electronics, I would have one place to bring it to be fixed. The only quirk is that when you start the car via the remote starter, I have to use the remote starter fob to unlock the doors or open the rear door. If the car is not started remotely, the normal key fob works.

Beware, the original remote starter that the dealer wanted to install required me to stop the engine if started remotely and then unlock the doors. This seemed a little goofy so they upgraded to a different model (both were Audiovox) at no extra charge.

I also opted for the ability to start the car by dialing an 800 number. Best money I ever spent. No more hoping I'm close enough for the remote to work .

Alex
Old 07-26-06, 10:58 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sjo99
I would suggest you take a look at the following link:

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxl...mote_start.php

I have not ordered this yet, but plan to! I have had remote start on the last three cars & cannot live without it! O.K., perhaps a bit too much drama but you know what I mean. I particularly like this one because it works with the Lexus FACTORY key/remote!

JT

It would be nice if they told you how it hooks up and what all is involved??? Sounds simple though!1 Hurry up and get it so we can have a play by play
Old 08-14-06, 02:06 PM
dhamaka127
Driver

Post remote start..

I recently talked to my dealer when i went to get something replace (FOR FREE...ohh yeahhh)...

Well i talked to the service rep and he said that they would not install it for me.

So, I was thinking about doing it myself. can anyone tell me that has done it themselves, how complicated it is??? Also if the directions of installing it are included also?

Any information would be helpful!!
Old 10-13-06, 11:56 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Guys... i signed up to this forum for the ISX50 forum.. but came across this.

My wife currently uses a 2-way "Autostart" remote starter for our 2003 Lexus RX330. It works great, and we have never had a problem with it. We also have it tied to my Audi A4 as a second option. So it can either start up her car or my Audi. My Audi "autostart' does the exact same.
Old 10-15-06, 03:50 AM
lexusman23
Driver School Candidate

Default How much is it to install?

How much would it be to install the remote start feature?

You know what I'd really like is to have the same push button start my wife has in her GS in my RX! It's so nice to never have to reach for or dig out your keys! Just walk up to the door and it opens, sit and push the button and it starts.

Anyone know if it would be possible to rig that on an RX? I can't believe it wasn't available in the new 07's!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: remote start in rx330