WTB: Aristo taillights and headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-08, 11:24 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Aristo taillights and headlights

Like the title says i need Aristo taillights and headlights, im looking for the newer version of the aristo tails, and some REALLY clean aristo headlights, i prefer if they had the corners cleared, but if not thats all good too.

im doing a GTE swap so im reallly broke, so haha i look forward to some reasonable prices. and i have money ready to buy

Thanks!
Old 07-13-08, 09:48 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What? You're doing a GTE swap and I didn't even know about it. You better post on the 1st Gen GS section when it is finish or I'm going to ask the moderator to ban you I was lucky to get a nice set of JDM headlights recently from Johnjohn13. As for the newer Aristo taillights, good luck because those are harder to find, especially mint condition since majority of them that are sold on Ebay are either way to high on price. The one with decent price are more likely have common problem where the chrome surrounding peel off.

Last edited by suprawhite; 07-13-08 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-13-08, 10:44 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by suprawhite
What? You're doing a GTE swap and I didn't even know about it. You better post on the 1st Gen GS section when it is finish or I'm going to ask the moderator to ban you I was lucky to get a nice set of JDM headlights recently from Johnjohn13. As for the newer Aristo taillights, good luck because those are harder to find, especially mint condition since majority of them that are sold on Ebay are either way to high on price. The one with decent price are more likely have common problem where the chrome surrounding peel off.
lol i made a post saying i was looking for a gte motor but i never officially said i was doing the swap on here. but haha surprise! i am. i think it will be done in about 2 weeks, maybe less. ill take pics and make a thread when its done

yea i had a pair of jdm headlights but i did all this work on them, like had halos installed and inside painted black, cleared the corners. but now i just want a very clean pair that i will leave stock.

yea another guy on here has some of the newer style headlights, but like you said the chrome was peeling so he painted that chrome black. his price is a little steep, so im trying to find cheaper ones.
Old 07-13-08, 11:01 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

There's one on Ebay right now item #300239712986. From the pictures seem to be very nice condition. The only thing is that I've seen relist for auction couple times already. I guess no one buy it because shipping cost is $105 + $89 for the taillights = $194 total. That's kinda steep for taillights. Actually, I was paying more than that last year for the taillights I have on my GS right now. Well, actually I bid and pay over $200 with shipping from Japan with the impression that it was the newer version (especially from the pictures, obviously, he uses same pictures for different auction and I email him and asked him before I bid.) , but once the item arrive, I found out that it was the older version. I told the seller and we came to the solution that he refund me $100 to save all the trouble. I end up paying $130 for the taillights after the $100 refund. You can tell how much I wanted back then. I'm still in the market for the newer version one but since I have the older version, it's harder for me to make a decision or willing to pay more. If a good deal come along, eventually, I'll end up with the newer taillights and sell the older one. The only thing I don't like about the newer version taillights is that the "Aristo" is on the outside where it is more likely to be scratch and damage vs. the older version, it is in the inside where it is protected. I guess nothing is perfect, but the newer version definitely look way better.

Last edited by suprawhite; 07-13-08 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-13-08, 12:11 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

^^ i agree with you on the Aristo being on the inside is better. and another CL member has a set of the new lights hes selling, i think ill pick those up. they are the newer ones, except he painted the chrome part black because it was peeling.

So i just need some Aristo headlights now if anyone has them.
Old 07-16-08, 09:03 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Still REALLY need aristo headlights please...
Old 07-16-08, 11:08 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

damn yusef going from the dub scene to JDM aristo scene. cant wait to see the upgrades
Old 07-17-08, 08:14 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YupImJOee
damn yusef going from the dub scene to JDM aristo scene. cant wait to see the upgrades
haha i know, thanks
Old 09-15-08, 01:20 PM
whiteivory
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suprawhite
What's the difference between the different generations?
Old 09-15-08, 02:46 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Originally Posted by whiteivory
What's the difference between the different generations?
The difference is similar to the U.S. version. I think the JDM 95 and newer is like the 96-97 U.S. version in term of the two lights on the side. As for the JDM center piece is still like the 93-95 U.S. where the "Aristo" emblem is raise from the outside vs the older version the "Aristo" is inside the center piece. As for the 96-97 U.S. version, the center piece is color keyed with the vehicle and the GS300 is on the top right of the trunk. Think of the JDM newer version is like a hybrid of the U.S. version, half is like the 93-95 and half is like the 96-97. The basic design is the same as 93-95, with the exception of the "Aristo" in the same location, but on the outside. As for the color texture of the taillights, it is same as the U.S. 96-97, without the color keyed center piece. Oh, one last thing, the newer JDM taillights have chrome surroundings where it prone to peeling off. Here is a sample of what the newer JDM version look like.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Aristo taillights and headlights-eddysaristo001sm.jpg  
Old 09-15-08, 02:49 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Here is an example of the of the older version just for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Aristo taillights and headlights-img_1718.jpg  
Old 09-15-08, 04:45 PM
tim8oland
Pole Position

i picked up a set of JDM Aristo Tailights (newer version) on eBay for pretty cheap. I think it was like $130 including shipping. Mine don't have any chrome anywhere surrounding the taillights. Plus the Aristo badge in the center garnish is black too. They look sick. I haven't installed them yet because I'm waiting to get a quote on getting my back bumper touched up. I bought the car with a few scratches and scuffs on the rear bumper. would like to get the bumper prettied up before i throw on the JDM tails.

-Timbo

Good Luck finding your parts Yusef. I see you on here on the daily, so I know you won't have trouble finding peeps to sell you parts. =)
Old 09-15-08, 05:30 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tim8oland
i picked up a set of JDM Aristo Tailights (newer version) on eBay for pretty cheap. I think it was like $130 including shipping. Mine don't have any chrome anywhere surrounding the taillights. Plus the Aristo badge in the center garnish is black too. They look sick. I haven't installed them yet because I'm waiting to get a quote on getting my back bumper touched up. I bought the car with a few scratches and scuffs on the rear bumper. would like to get the bumper prettied up before i throw on the JDM tails.

-Timbo

Good Luck finding your parts Yusef. I see you on here on the daily, so I know you won't have trouble finding peeps to sell you parts. =)
haha nice.. thanks man yea i actually picked some headlights and taillights already. the headlights just came in i think yesterday.

Mods can close this thread