LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How do I program 95 LS 400 remote??

Old 08-14-02, 08:57 PM
GTPED
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I program 95 LS 400 remote??

I bought a remote off of e bay that has the same code/numbers on the back of it. I also bought programming instructions that do not work on my car. Can anyone help me get the instructions to work on a 1995 Lexus LS400? Do I have the right instruction and maybe doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!!
Attached Thumbnails How do I program 95 LS 400 remote??-cus30021.jpg  
Old 08-15-02, 02:28 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought only dealers can reprogram remotes. Everyone I know went to dealer to do that. Can't help you on this though
Old 08-15-02, 05:04 AM
jahummer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those instructions sound about right for 96 & 97 so would think that it would work for 95.

Might take four or five tries.
Old 08-15-02, 02:03 PM
kjbro
Rookie

Please let us know if you program your 1995 LS 400 remote successfully. I also have a 95 LS400 and an extra remote that has not been programed. Would love to have an extra that works. Thanks.
Old 08-15-02, 04:06 PM
GTPED
Driver School Candidate

kjbro, why don't you try these instructions and let me know if they work for you. I have tried 25 times with no luck. Make sure the code on the back of the new remote matches the code on the working one. Let me know. Will a dealer program the remote for free or will it cost an arm and a leg?
Old 08-16-02, 07:38 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

Hey this is a good thread.

The Valet key for my 98 will unlock the doors but will NOT start the engine?? Do I need to reprogram it? Does anybody know if by me following the instruction abouve I could somehow retes my other two good remote keys?

Keeep us up to date...
Old 09-11-02, 03:39 AM
velandia
Driver School Candidate

Post reprogramming on 99...

Horta,
I just got the CDROM manual for 99 Lexus - It may do the trick for your 98... heres the story (sorry for the long reply)

NOTE: Master key is a Black key that opens all locks. Sub-key is a Gray key that will not open trunk, trunk main switch and glove box.

ADDITIONAL MASTER KEY

NOTE: Additional master key may be registered by 2 different methods: using brake pedal and accelerator pedal, or using LEXUS scan tool. It is possible to register up to 7 master key codes including the already registered key code.

Using Brake & Accelerator Pedal
1) Insert registered master key in ignition.
2) Perform this step within 15 seconds. Depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.
3) Perform this step within 20 seconds. Depress and release brake pedal 6 times. Remove master key from ignition.
4) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Insert new key to be registered in ignition.
5) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Depress and release accelerator pedal one time. Security indicator should flash.
6) After one minute, additional master key is registered. Security indicator should turn off. If programming additional keys,
repeat process starting with step 4). If additional keys do not need programming, remove master key from ignition. Depress and release brake pedal at least once after security indicator has been out for 10 seconds to complete registration mode.

Using LEXUS Scan Tool
2) Perform this step within 2 minutes. Select master key registration using LEXUS scan tool.
3) Perform this step within 20 seconds. Remove master key.
4) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Insert master key to be registered in ignition. Security indicator should flash. After one
minute, additional master key is registered. Security indicator should turn off.
5) If programming additional keys, repeat process starting with step 4). If additional keys do not need programming, remove master key from ignition. Depress and release brake pedal at least once after security indicator has been out for 10 seconds to complete registration mode.

ADDITIONAL SUB-KEY
NOTE: Additional sub-key may be registered by 2 different methods: using brake pedal and accelerator pedal, or using LEXUS scan tool. It is possible to register up to 3 sub-key codes
including the already registered key code. Using Brake &

Accelerator Pedal
2) Perform this step within 15 seconds. Depress and release accelerator pedal 4 times.
3) Perform this step within 20 seconds. Depress and release brake pedal 5 times. Remove master key from ignition.
4) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Insert new key to be registered in ignition.
5) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Depress and release accelerator pedal one time. Security indicator should flash.
6) After one minute, additional sub-key is registered. Security indicator should turn off. If programming additional keys,
repeat process starting with step 4). If additional keys do not need programming, remove master key from ignition. Depress and release brake pedal at least once after security indicator has been out for 10 seconds to complete registration mode.

Using LEXUS Scan Tool
2) Perform this step within 2 minutes. Select sub-key registration using LEXUS scan tool.
3) Perform this step within 20 seconds. Remove master key.
4) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Insert key to be registered in ignition. Security indicator should flash. After one minute, additional sub-key is registered. Security indicator should
turn off.
5) If programming additional keys, repeat process starting with step 4). If additional keys do not need programming, remove
master key from ignition. Depress and release brake pedal at least once after security indicator has been out for 10 seconds to complete registration mode.

ERASURE OF TRANSPONDER KEY CODE
NOTE: There are 2 different methods to erase the transponder key code: using brake pedal and accelerator pedal, or using LEXUS scan tool. All other master and sub-key codes are deleted
leaving the master key code which was used when performing
the operation. When using the ignition key which was used
before deleting, it is necessary to register the code again.

Using Brake & Accelerator Pedal
1) Insert master key in ignition.
2) Perform this step within 15 seconds. Depress and release accelerator pedal 6 times.
3) Perform this step within 20 seconds. Depress and release brake pedal 7 times. Security indicator should flash.
4) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Remove master key. Security indicator should flash. Procedure is now completed. Key code should now be erased. If key cannot be removed from ignition, key code deletion is canceled. Security indicator will turn off. Repeat procedure from step 1).

Using LEXUS Scan Tool
1) Insert master key in ignition.
2) Perform this step within 2 minutes. Request key code deletion from LEXUS scan tool. Security indicator should flash.
3) Perform this step within 10 seconds. Remove master key.
4) Procedure is now completed. Key code should now be erased. If key cannot be removed from ignition, key code deletion is canceled. Security indicator will turn off. Repeat procedure from step 1).
Old 09-11-02, 06:07 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

velandia

Hey this is great! Thank you for typing all that up. I wil try it this weekend and let you know.

Jerry
Old 09-12-02, 12:46 AM
RL90LS400
Driver School Candidate

Will any of this work on a 1990 LS400? My dad broke the locking part of the key and I was told by the dealership that it would be $400 for a new key with the remote door unlock. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Rob
Old 09-12-02, 12:59 PM
Lvangundy

Same on my 90 LS..they want $$ to fix it.
Old 09-14-02, 11:50 PM
velandia
Driver School Candidate

Default get a manual...

Lvangundy, RL90LS400,

I recommend getting the repair manual on ebay for your '90LS400 at ~$30. It has lots of info in addition to key programming procedures - and may come in handy for many years to come.

I paged thru it, and some of the info is criptic, but you ought to be able to get $30 out of it in the long run.
Old 09-15-02, 02:39 PM
GTPED
Driver School Candidate

Still no help on how to program the remote on my 95 LS400?? Anybody??
Old 09-16-02, 01:36 PM
kjbro
Rookie

GTPED, I have found a company that claims to have the instructions for re-program of remote. I called and left message about a 1995 LS400 remote. The return call (voice message) said that they can provide the instructions for $20. My broken remote is a secondary remote so I am waiting to hear positive results thru these posts before I move forward. You can reach this business at keylessentry.com. They are based in Pleasanton, CA (15 miles from me) and I plan to drop by sometime. Hope this helps.....let me know.
Old 09-23-02, 11:19 PM
GTPED
Driver School Candidate

My remote is for a back up also so I was hoping to find out in this thread. Thanks for the site though if nothing turns up here. Kinda suprised to be honest.
Old 03-25-03, 09:02 AM
star5
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy cannot make it work on 97 LS400

I bought a remote from ebay with the same code on the back.

Follow the intruction but don't see the lock ever cycled, I am using a valet key, I don't have a master key to try. Not sure if it is required... any input?

Appreciate

Star5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I program 95 LS 400 remote??