A Lean Mean Lexus Machine
Lexus recently announced promotions for their executive staff for which will take in effect on April 1, 2013. No it's not an April Fools stunt, but a forward change for the future of Lexus.
As TMC restuctures their business model, Lexus International will become one of four business units. Headquartered in Japan, Lexus International will continue to oversee all Lexus global operations. The Lexus Product & Marketing Planning Division changes names to a simplified Lexus Planning Division. These changes to TMC's business model will help decision-making a possibility at the lower levels. As far as the promotions it's a pretty extensive list:
Kazuo Ohara, managing officer, TMC and executive vice president, Lexus International, will become chief executive officer and president of TMS, with responsibility for Toyota's North America sales, service and marketing operations, reporting to Mr. Lentz.
Mark S. Templin, group vice president and general manager - Lexus Division, TMS, and general manager, Lexus Product Marketing Planning Division, TMC, is named managing officer and executive vice presidentof Lexus International, where he will lead Lexus global operations from Toyota City, Japan. With this appointment, Mr. Templin becomes the first non-Japanese executive to oversee a Toyota division within the company's global headquarters in Japan. In this new role, he will report to Kiyotaka Ise, senior managing officer and president of Lexus International.
Jeffrey (Jeff) Bracken, vice president, sales, Toyota Division, is named group vice president and general manager - Lexus Division, TMS, reporting to Mr. Carter. Mr. Bracken will be responsible for all sales, marketing, customer service and dealer operations for Lexus in the U.S.
Robert (Bob) S. Carter, senior vice president - automotive operations, TMS, will have added responsibility for the Lexus Division, aligning sales, service, marketing, customer initiatives, vehicle distribution and parts operations for Toyota, Lexus and Scion under one executive. He will report to Mr. Ohara.
So in a nutshell:
- Kazuo Ohara > CEO & President of Toyota Motor Sales, USA
- Mark Templin > Managing Officer & Executive Vice President of Lexus International, replaces Kazuo Ohara
- Jeff Bracken > Vice President & General Manager - Lexus, replaces Mark Templin
- Bob Carter > Senior Vice President of Automotive Operations, TMS for all Toyota, Lexus and Scion.
Lexus International (Japan)
- Tokuo Fukuichi > Senior Managing Officer of Lexus International (executive vice president), Design Group (chief officer)
- Kiyotaka Ise > Senior Managing officer of Lexus International (president), Motor Sports Div. (chief officer), Sports Vehicle Management Div. (chief officer)
- Kazuo Ohara > Managing Officer of Toyota Motor North America, Inc. & Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- Mark Templin > Lexus International (executive vice president)
- Andrew Kirby > Lexus Planning Div. (general manager)
Courtesy: Toyota Motor Sales, USA & Toyota Motor Corporation