Lexus Sales Up For September 2013
Lexus has reported a sales increase for the month of September despite only 23 selling days in 2013. Thanks to a new body style and new tech, the 2014 IS enjoyed a 42% sales increase from last year. The RX was the volume sales leader with a total of 7,601 units sold last month.
There’s no surprise as the IS F SPORT is in high demand and accounts for a third of new IS sales. The ES is the volume sedan leader with 4,866 sold with a quarter of them being hybrid. The LS enjoys a 36% sales increase thanks to the redesign and better option packages added from last year.
Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013
Lexus obviously faced the same challenges as the rest of industry in September regarding year-over-year comparisons.
Total sales of 19,522
· Up 4.1 percent from last September on daily selling rate
· Unadjusted volume down 4.2 percent
· Several new models showed both volume and DSR gains
· Lexus up 10-and-a-half percent for the two months
· Again, ahead industry 7 percent gain
· Sales of more than 190,000
· Up 11.6 percent through September
And no matter how you look at it, even quirks in the calendar couldn’t slow the pace of the new IS.
· Still in the midst of its marketing launch
· Sales jumped 42 percent
IS F-sport demand remains especially strong
· Account for nearly one-third of sales
· Currently unable to meet demand
In fact, F-sport models remain hot across the Lexus lineup
· Continuing to attract more male buyers
· More younger buyers
· And more new buyers to the Lexus brand
LS another new model that performed well in September
· Sales up 36 percent on volume
· Nearly 50 percent on a DSR basis
· Up 54 percent for the year
· Remains volume leader on the car side
· Sales of nearly 5,000 units in September
· Hybrid models accounted for nearly a quarter of sales
· Pushing sales past 50,000 for the year
· Up 44 percent
RX continues to sit atop the hot luxury SUV segment
· Sales of 7,600 in September
· 8 percent volume growth
· 17 percent DSR increase
· Up nearly 10 percent YTD
In conclusion, Lexus has historically performed well in the fourth quarter, and we expect that to be the case again this year.IS launch activities will continue in full swing through October…while the re-designed GX will begin arriving at dealerships today, giving us another new model in the key luxury SUV market.
We have some of the hottest new vehicles in the industry in the ES, IS and RX, combined with a good inventory situation.
As a result, we expect history to repeat itself in 2013 with another strong Lexus finish.
Thank you very much for joining us today. Now I’d like to open up the call for questions.
Source: [Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc.]