- Lexus sales increase nearly 7 percent in June and 9.5 percent in first half
- Lexus ES up 50 percent in June and up 83 percent in first half
- Lexus LS up 45 percent in June and up 73 percent in first half
- RX continues to lead luxury utility vehicle segment with sales of more than 8,600 units in June
I’ll get to the June breakout for Lexus in a moment…but the big news for us in June was the launch of the all-new IS lineup, which went on sale Friday.
The marketing launch actually started in mid-June, with a heavy emphasis on the new design, driving dynamics and technology advancements of the IS.
It seems to have made a connection with customers, as we sold more than 500 in just three days
Many of those customers came looking for the new IS F Sport with its bold design and sporty performance.
It helped give us to the best non-holiday weekend for Lexus in six years.
Pushed Lexus sales above 21,000 for the second straight month
- Third time in last four month
Total June sales of 21,355
- Up 6.7 percent on straight volume basis
YTD, sales up about 10 percent
- At nearly 120,000 vehicles
The two other new cars in our line-up – the ES and LS – posted strong gains in June and both models
continue to show the biggest increases in their respective luxury segments.
- Up 50 percent in June
- Sales of more than 33,000 thru first six months
- Up 83 percent for the year
- sales up 45 percent for the month
- Up 73 percent for the first half
- LS also received the highest score among all models in J.D. Power’s IQS – for the sixth year in a row.
The SUV side of our business
- RX continues to be the best-selling vehicle in our lineup
- Sales of more than 8,600 in June
- Year to date sales up 4 percent
- Continues to lead luxury SUV segment
- GX also had a good month
- Saw sales climb 9 percent for the month
Lexus Certified Pre-Owned
- Four consecutive record-setting month
We expect the IS fireworks to continue in July
- All IS models currently at dealerships, including F SPORT version
- Availability will improve throughout the month
Combined with ES and LS, that will give us three of the hottest models in the growing luxury sedan market.