It’s been a news happy few weeks with the teasers, launch, and coverage of the sure to be classic RC-F. With a 450-hp V-8, track-ready chassis, big sticky tires, it’s something of a surprise to be coming from the Japanese luxury automaker. But it’s here, and the company’s set to tackle the high-end performance luxury market with everything they’ve got.
“Lexus is dreaming big again, and the 450-hp 2015 Lexus RC F shows that it means business. Audi RS5, BMW M4, and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, let’s see what you’ve got.”
Here we have an in-depth look from Automobile Magazine on the finer points that make up the RC-F. They go over the styling, tech, and provide an in-depth look at all the go fast hardware. A couple things that stuck out:
- The F iteration of the RC gets aluminum suspension arms and firm bushings
- 6-piston brake calipers (from the IS-F sedan) but with thicker, larger 15.0-inch rotors
- Brand new 4-piston calipers in the rear with larger 11.4-inch rotors
- The RC-F will have TFT display for instruments which can be changed to suit “street or speed” moments
- At the heart of the machine will be a cast-aluminum lightweight DOHC 5.0-liter V-8 engine, good for at least 450 hp and 384 lb-ft of tq
Be sure to read the article for all the great details and exclusive photos (seriously can’t get enough of that blue).
via [Automobile Magazine]