Contestants submit photos to one or more categories. The ClubLexus
administration team will select the photos from the pool to become
finalists for each category. At the end of the photo submission period,
all the finalist are prestend on a voting page for each category.
ClubLexus general membership will view the photos and vote for their
favorites from each category using an online voting form. At the end of
the voting period, the votes are tallied and the Best of Category
winners are announced. The Best of Category winners are then entered
into a Best of Show contest. After the Best of Show contest period has
ended, a Grand Prize winner is announced.
Categories: Lexus ES, GS, GX, IS, LS, LX, RX, SC. Entrants upload a
photo (Maximum of one photo per category) to the correct contest
gallery. Photos must include the appropriate Lexus model in the image
Dates of Contest
This photo contest begins on 12:01 AM on August 11, 2003 and ends on 11:59 PM on September 7, 2003.
Grand prize: $100 Gift Certificate to Tire Rack
Best of Category Prize: AutoSharp Pen Gift Certificate
- Only registered ClubLexus members are eligible to enter this contest.
- Only original photographs made with a digital camera, or photograph scanned from an original image will be considered.
- The original, unmodified digital camera image must be available to
ClubLexus upon request. The original digital camera image must contain
valid, unmodified EXIF data. EXIF data is information that the camera
embeds in the original file, which our system must be able to read to
validate your contest entry. The original, unmodified film camera image
and negative must be available to ClubLexus upon request.
- Photographs will be accepted only from the original photographer.
- Size limits: Maximum dimensions 2408 x 1536 pixels and 500KB or smaller.
Copyrights and Permissions
- The photographer must hold the copyright to all photos he or she
submits to the contest. Photographs that violate the laws of copyright
will be disqualified.
- The use of public domain images is prohibited in all categories.
- Photographers retain ownership of all copyrights.
- If your submission is selected as a contest winner, ClubLexus
retains the rights to store and display the bordered image and its
thumbnails indefinitely as part of the Photo Archives/Galleries, on any
page at ClubLexus.com, and in any advertising for any of its websites.
- Photographers must have sufficient permission of any recognizable
models or other persons appearing in the photograph to be able to grant
to ClubLexus the right to display their photographic submission online.
- Any contest entrants meeting legal challenges from either
copyright or insufficient model permissions will be removed and
Please note: This is a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.
- Camera add-on lenses, filters, and scopes are permitted without restriction.
- Third Party software filters or plug-ins are discouraged. Obvious
manipulation of an image may prevent the image from being selected to
compete at the category level. Keep in mind that the intent of any
modification is to produce a more natural looking photograph rather
than an obviously manipulated one, and judges will make their
selections on this basis.
- Cropping and Rotation: Images may be cropped and rotated as long
as a rectangular format is maintained. Contestants may submit images
cropped into a panoramic format from a single photograph, however
contestants are not allowed to use photo stitching software to create
one image from two or more images.
- Resizing: Images may be resized as long as aspect ratio is maintained.
- Borders and Frames: No borders or frames shall be added to images
prior to submission. Borders may be added by ClubLexus to all entries
- Watermarks, Signatures, or Copyright Notices: These marks may be
added to the photos to protect the photographer’s copyright. Keep in
mind, however, that excessively large, distracting watermarks may
weaken your photo and thus hinder its chances of being selected as a
- Spot Editing, including Red-eye Removal: Spot editing refers to
the application of a change or effect to a selected portion of a photo.
Spot editing and red-eye removal are permitted for the purpose of
improving the appearance of a photograph and to give it a more natural
look. Keep in mind, however, that excessive spot editing may weaken
your photo and thus hinder its chances of being selected as a finalist.
- Adding or Replacing Elements: Elements or objects that do not
exist in the original photo shall not be added to an image. For
example, you cannot improve a sky by replacing it with a sky from
Examples of Permitted Modifications
- One-step enhancement (known in various software packages as Auto Levels, Enhance, Intellihance, Quick Fix, etc.)
- Use of filters such as sharpen, unsharp mask, soften, blur,
despeckle, JPG cleanup, and remove noise. These filters should not be
used to the extent that they create a non-realistic or artistic effect.
- Use of corrective functions such as levels, contrast, brightness,
curves, gamma, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, desaturation,
lightness, value (in HSV model), RGB color channel adjustment, color
balance, and tint.
- Use of the cloning or rubber stamp tool to remove minor blemishes
and small, unwanted items such as power lines and debris that may spoil
- Barrel distortion and pin-cushioning correction.
- There are no age limit restrictions except where prohibited by law.
- You may submit one different photograph to each category.
- You may not submit the same photograph to multiple categories.
- ClubLexus may elect to re-categorize your photo if appropriate.
Inappropriate categorization, however, will most likely result in your
photo not being selected as a finalist.
- Obscene, provocative, or otherwise prurient content will not be
considered. Photographs containing nudity will not be considered.
Nudity is defined as the torso being completely or partially unclothed
below the waist for all models and above the waist for female models.
ClubLexus retains sole discretion as to what constitutes unsuitable
- The contest selection decisions are final. However, photos will be
kept in the pool for the remainder of the contest and may still be
- If a tie occurs during the Best of Category voting or Best in Show voting, the ClubLexus will select the winning photo.
- System malfunctions, network delays, and other technical problems
can happen and ClubLexus is not responsible to assure photos are
submitted to the contest, nor does it make any guarantees of when the
photos will be entered into the selection pool.
- Employees connected with ClubLexus or any of its sponsors, and their families, are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Prizewinners may be responsible for shipping charges, taxes, or import tariffs according to location and/or local laws.
- All federal, state, provincial, and local laws apply.
- All The Best of Category and Best of Show winners are determined
by a web-based vote by registered ClubLexus members. Reasonable
measures are taken to assure fairness in voting. A voter is allowed one
vote per category.