BREAKING NEWS: New 2014 Lexus IS F SPORT Revealed
Bold and new are terms that have been synonymous with Lexus lately and the new 2014 Lexus IS is no exception. This morning a handful of photos leaked from a Chinese auto website with photos that appear to be official photos from Lexus. A few hours later Lexus UK stepped up to the plate and released the official set of new Lexus IS Photos!
- Spindle Grille: One piece with no break point (Just like LF-CC)
- Front Headlamps: Dual Projector-type which could possibly be the first use of LED headlamps.
- DRL/Swoosh: The L shaped LED lamps are finally seperated from the headlamp assembly (Like LF-CC)
- Front Bumper: Strong, sculpted front fascia with brake cooling ducts contoured outside the spindle grille.
- Wheels: Split 5 Spoke Graphite (Like LFA)
- Foglamps: Where are they?!
- Rear Taillamps: Are an evolutionary design from 2nd Gen IS which appear to be LED type with L shapes integrated into the lens (New LS). The strong body line from the taillamp into the rear rocker panels create a “sweep up” look, reminiscent of the rocker panels on the LFA and a winglet on an airplane wing.
- Rear Bumper: Dual Exhaust with large lower black valence. Look closely and you will see the vortex generators to help reduce aerodynamic drag.
- Doors: The rear door glass has a familiar “kick up” from previous generation IS models.
- Badging: Corporate F SPORT badge stays in a familiar place on the fender.
- Rocker Panels: Instead of a flat panel, a nice upswept winglet-look gives the new IS an LFA-like look.
Last but not least, the very high tech LCD TFT display from the Lexus LFA has made it”s home in the new IS F SPORT. With the center ring being the only mechanical moving part, the high resolution screen will display the most important information, faster than a conventional analog cluster.